Derby County v Ipswich Town

eddie

I don't understand this little two-some at the moment. Bris and Rammyboy seem to travel around threads together spreading negativity. I understand some people are more optimistic, and some are more pessimistic, but why support a club if you never have a single positive thing to say?

I genuinely cannot recall reading a positive post about Derby from either. Assessments are critical. Opinions are negative and predictions, well let's just say they're not great. Growing ever tiresome of reading a lot of drivel on this site!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not just the negativity but the condescending know it all nature of their posts.

I've said for years I don't know how the mexican gets away with it, especially considering how often he's been wrong, how he has an opinion on anything an everything whether he's seen the game or not and how little he actually sees of live football and now it seems he has a young challenger to his throne.

The modern day armchair expert know it all fan who probably hasn't kicked a ball, never mind at any decent level does my nut in.

We were on auto pilot after Hull took the lead and I'm not going to s**g the lads off for that, we needed to keep playing a settled 11 and keep them ticking, we lost but lets be honest it was a nothing game and our chances of 4th went with the draw against Sheff Weds, not going to s**g wass off either, he's done great since Arry came in and what looked like a slump down the table he's turned us around and got us into the playoffs, if we go up it'll be great but if not we've got some big games next season and its not the end of the world ffs, DCFC will still be here.

From what I've heard we weren't at the races today. That happens especially with players looking towards the playoffs. Having just seen the highlights on Sky it seems that we had more than enough opportunities to win - if we're creating that much and people say we played poorly then surely that's a good thing.

Thorne's injury is just one of those things. Not one you get from overplaying - it's an impact injury. If we'd done what Hull did and rested players in the past couple of matches and played a full strength team today Thorne still would've beenn injured. We've still got a good team - Johnson, Hendrick and Butterfield whilst not like for like replacements for Thorne are still very good players and we know enough about Hull not to be scared shitless of them.

Have faith rams, there's no need for this last minute panic and playing the blame game.

36 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I don't understand this little two-some at the moment. Bris and Rammyboy seem to travel around threads together spreading negativity. I understand some people are more optimistic, and some are more pessimistic, but why support a club if you never have a single positive thing to say?

I genuinely cannot recall reading a positive post about Derby from either. Assessments are critical. Opinions are negative and predictions, well let's just say they're not great. Growing ever tiresome of reading a lot of drivel on this site!

Because it was ever so predictable what was going to happen. Abroad Wassall's decision to play his strongest team in a game with nothing to gain and everything to lose before a hugely important game would be a sackable offence. So so naive to play the strongest team today. Obviously he could have not forseseen Thorne's injury but why give an opportunity for that to take place when he could have easily rested him, especially in a position where we don't have a like for like player with Hanson injured. 

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Because it was ever so predictable what was going to happen. Abroad Wassall's decision to play his strongest team in a game with nothing to gain and everything to lose before a hugely important game would be a sackable offence. So so naive to play the strongest team today. Obviously he could have not forseseen Thorne's injury but why give an opportunity for that to take place when he could have easily rested him, especially in a position where we don't have a like for like player with Hanson injured. 

Give us a list of managers from abroad who've been sacked for picking their strongest side in a meaningless game.

1 minute ago, ronnieronalde said:

Give us a list of managers from abroad who've been sacked for picking their strongest side in a meaningless game.

Just a figure of speech made in anger and such a diabolical decision but I wouldn't be surprised if there have been sackings as a result of that

OK I take it all back. Great decision by Wass to play the best players.

I bet the lads are absolutely buzzing, heading in to the playoffs with a key first-teamer suffering what appears to be a broken ankle/lower leg and coming off the back of a deflating 1-0 defeat.

Form does mean very little going in to the playoffs. I could fully underdtand playing a strong team against Sheff Wed and Brighton, seeing as both were always likely to be potential playoff rivals.

But why, on the final day of the season, do you play your strongest XI against the most physical side in the league. If it was Bolton we were playing, then a cruising home game would have been an ideal send-off.

But we were playing Ipswich. A team we know full well are absolute bruisers.

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Because it was ever so predictable what was going to happen. Abroad Wassall's decision to play his strongest team in a game with nothing to gain and everything to lose before a hugely important game would be a sacken offence. So so naive to play the strongest team today. Obviously he could have not forseseen Thorne's injury but why give an opportunity for that to take place when he could have easily rested him, especially in a position where we don't have a like for like player with Hanson injured. 

It's naive to suggest that for one game only, we should protect the team from injury. That injury could have happened to anyone, it could have happened in training. Shall we not train for the rest of the week just in case then? It was a training match for Ipswich, they had nothing to play for. It was an unfortunate challenge, not a nasty one. It's football and you can't predict when these things happen so why try and control it? That exact same scenario could have happened in the 2nd minute of the first leg, then what? Exact same situation. 

I notice you state it's a bad decision for us to play our strongest team but what about Hull? The exact same situation as us, absolutely no difference. A likely chance they could finish the day in a different position to which they started, but in all probability they're going to remain the same. Why didn't they rest all their players? They didn't, got a good win and no injuries as far as I'm aware. Our situations could have been completely reversed. We could have got a thumping win and no injuries and you'd have to find something else to moan about, whilst Hull could have lost 1-0 and had a pivotal player injured. But they didn't, it's football. Instead of trying to nit-pick any criticism you can find why not actually try and appreciate the fact we wanted to try and keep momentum going? We rested players for the Leeds game and then went on that horrible run which ended our automatic hopes, yet people call for all of our key players to have a week off immediately before the most important stage of the season? Get real, you're becoming almost as intolerable as Bris, who you clearly aspire to be like.

I Just can't buy into this hindsight stuff. Any player could be injured in any game the only time you might shield a player is when you are already through to the final.

it was a tough day with some lousy luck and Hanson out too. Could have been very different if the energy and verve we saw in the first 20  mins had yielded a goal .. It's just luck (or bad luck) we were doing the right thing and playing well. Yes Incey wasn't at his best .. Their right mid and right back had his measure, were physical and kept him quiet. A lot of flicks shots and one touch stuff didn't quite come off for JR and Chrissy Martin and The Pen was against the run of play. 

This is a moment for team spirit, backs to the wall togetherness and no sniping. We have a task in front of us. The lads need to steel themselves and we need to give them our full support. Now pick up those weapons let's  go and get that bunch of Yorkshire fisherman and tear their nets to bits ...... COYR

You only have to have a look at Steve McClaren. Last away day against a tough Leeds side who no doubt under Brian McDermott wouldn't have given us an inch.

So we rested Martin, Thorne, Ward, Russell and Buxton. Three of the spine plus key wide players. That's smart.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

You only have to have a look at Steve McClaren. Last away day against a tough Leeds side who no doubt under Brian McDermott wouldn't have given us an inch.

So we rested Martin, Thorne, Ward, Russell and Buxton. Three of the spine plus key wide players. That's smart.

Worked well too.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

And look how well that worked.

Obviously an injury can occur at any time Im not denying that but why take the risk in playing him in a dead rubber game against a well known physical team like ipswich, just before a massive game in a position we dont have a like for like replacement?

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Yeh. We were fresh for the Brighton games which we subsequently won.

The aim of the play-offs is to get promoted, which we didn't do. I'd have take two piss poor performances against Brighton and scraped through on penalties if it meant winning promotion.

People are obviously using their mystical hindsight powers to suggest that Wassall's team selection has ruined our promotion hopes. If we do go up, which we still have every chance of doing, then people will still try and pick fault in Wassall.

Just now, Kernow said:

The aim of the play-offs is to get promoted, which we didn't do. I'd have take two piss poor performances against Brighton and scraped through on penalties if it meant winning promotion.

People are obviously using their mystical hindsight powers to suggest that Wassall's team selection has ruined our promotion hopes. If we do go up, which we still have every chance of doing, then people will still try and pick fault in Wassall.

Anyone would take any kind of promotion through the playoffs. But in terms of preparation for this year's playoffs, we've dropped a clanger. We may still get promoted, but that doesn't hide the fact the preparation was poor.

"Billy Davies made seven changes to his side in order to rest several players ahead of next Saturday's play-off semi-final." That was against Leeds on the final day of the season, we won 2-0 regardless.

Archived