Charles Vernam (Loan) - ÍB Vestmannaeyja

BottrillRAM

It seems like he's been there for a few days now but i've not seen it before now so sorry if this is repeated! http://mobile.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/vernam-makes-loan-move-to-iceland-3091380.aspx

The article reads: After helping Derby County’s Under 21s to promotion this season, Charles Vernam has made the first loan move of his career by linking up with Icelandic outfit ÍB Vestmannaeyja. 

The attacker has joined IBV in a deal until the end of June, where he will be plying his football in the Úrvalsdeild, the top flight of Icelandic football.

He made his debut as a second half substitute in IBV’s 4-0 win against IA on Sunday and got his name on the scoresheet.

Vernam made 14 appearances for the Under 21s during the 2015/16 campaign and scored three goals over their promotion campaign.

Seems like an unusual one for me but any experience should be useful I suppose! 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would seem that we want him to play more games, to extend his season. Usually you would expect Norway or Sweden in such circumstances.

It will toughen him up, they have some real geysers over there.  

If I remember correctly, we had some foreign coaches over a few months back on a kind of exchange. They watched training for a few days, took a couple themselves then went back home. Can't find anything about it, but can remember it happening somewhere/sometime.

MATCHES for IBV

Sat 20/02/16    LECHuginn    1 - 3   ÍBV

Sat 05/03/16    LECStjarnan  3 - 1   ÍBV

Mon 14/03/16   LECValur       2 - 0   ÍBV

Sa t02/04/16     LECFram      5 - 5   ÍBV

Sun 01/05/16              IBV      4 - 0   ÍAV

On a slightly related note- a long time ago a certain Richard Keogh was sent out on loan to Iceland!  (to Vikingur Reykjavik I think, another team in Iceland's first division)  Back when he was still at Stoke  :)

If Charles Veram ever joined in any training sessions with the first team and struck up a conversation with Keogh, I wouldn't be surprised if he told him something along the lines of "you should definitely go, it's worth the experience, don't turn it down" etc. based on his own loan spell there maybe!

Besides if all else fails at the very least he'll be able to say he's been to Iceland!

Incredible country. Great opportunity for any young footballer. Life's about expeiences as well as just simply working, and if you can combine the two you're very lucky. Hope he works hard but also gets to see the northern lights dancing over snow-covered volcanoes.

8 hours ago, irobinson said:

I had a bigger subbuteo stadium

I had a similar mountain range next to mine, or 'wardrobe' as it was known.

Archived