Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

16 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

What's happened to Jordan Mutch then? If we're going to try and stick with this 'variations on a 4-4-2' (Vivaldi I believe) system then he'd be a decent shout again to play a tackling-midfielder-which-we-don't-have type role...

I'm sure I read on here his wages/demands were ridiculous. 

Just now, Boss said:

Can't see Mutch moving back to Derby. Felt he was treated poorly last time and his wages would stretch us. Although, a lot of his family still live in Derby 

Bit short sighted by a footballer... As it's a different set up now, with different management, owners and youth support...

Also I thought the rumour was he followed Westley out?

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

Bit short sighted by a footballer... As it's a different set up now, with different management, owners and youth support...

Also I thought the rumour was he followed Westley out?

Very true Cheron, he even lived with Westley at his family home with a couple of the other youth players when he first joined Birmingham. Just get the feeling he no longer has any real connection with Derby 

Just now, ollycutts1982 said:

Still irks me that mediocre footballers not getting a kick at their clubs want more a week than most normal folk earn in a year. Suppose it's football though. 

why? the average professional footballer's career lasts something like 2.7years. Why not try and maximise your potential earnings? Each player runs the risk of pricing themselves out of football (See David Bentley), but if you can find a club willing to pay it, take it. Careers are soon over and there's only enough room for so many coaches, managers and pundits!

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

why? the average professional footballer's career lasts something like 2.7years. Why not try and maximise your potential earnings? Each player runs the risk of pricing themselves out of football (See David Bentley), but if you can find a club willing to pay it, take it. Careers are soon over and there's only enough room for so many coaches, managers and pundits!

So whats wrong with going out and getting another job once they have finished. I've never begrudged players earning what they can, I'd do the same if i was them but why do they expect to finish work at 38 just because they play football

1 minute ago, mwram1973 said:

So whats wrong with going out and getting another job once they have finished. I've never begrudged players earning what they can, I'd do the same if i was them but why do they expect to finish work at 38 just because they play football

My dad always quotes that Kevin Hector was a postman after he retired...

21 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

don't assume that I don't hold the same view, but when you look at potential earnings, unless they invest wisely, OR go and get an education or trade, the future earnings are not very inspiring by comparison.

Don't take a faux moral high-ground, we aren't footballers, but this guy is no different to any other footballer in regard to you're going to take whatever you can.

10 hours ago, McLovin said:

Jack Harrison looks fantastic whenever I watch him. @AmericanRam , I wouldn't mind hearing your views on him because I imagine you get to see him in the MLS more than me.

He played college at Wake Forest University, which is only about 25 minutes from where I live. Watched him play a few times there, and thought he was quite good: Quick, creative, and really good on the ball. Tbh only have watched him once so far for NYCFC, but the one game I did see a couple of months ago, he was even better.

56 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

He played college at Wake Forest University, which is only about 25 minutes from where I live. Watched him play a few times there, and thought he was quite good: Quick, creative, and really good on the ball. Tbh only have watched him once so far for NYCFC, but the one game I did see a couple of months ago, he was even better.

I imagine playing with the likes of David Villa,Lampard and Pirlo in training day in, day out will help improve him even more. Definitely a name to keep a close eye on in the next few years. Lampard rates him really highly.

Archived