Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Srg said:

How is his release clause less than they signed him for to begin with?

Under the owner that wanted to call them the Hull Tigers... I wouldn't be too shocked...

Could have triggered a release clause when they were relegated which has never been closed?

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Under the owner that wanted to call them the Hull Tigers... I wouldn't be too shocked...

Could have triggered a release clause when they were relegated which has never been closed?

Possibly, but seems an odd one.

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

On a few unreliable twitter accounts but is a player who would fit what we need...Lewis Grabban.

The rumours are that we are interested in a season loan, not saying i believe them but id be happy if they were true

My first reaction was "Yes... Now we're talking"... However the dude has only had one really good season in his career... Martin has a more impressive history, more career goals and is a year younger... 

Just now, cheron85 said:

My first reaction was "Yes... Now we're talking"... However the dude has only had one really good season in his career... Martin has a more impressive history, more career goals and is a year younger... 

I wouldnt have him to replace Martin, he has the pace to play up front and run off Martin imo

24 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

On a few unreliable twitter accounts but is a player who would fit what we need...Lewis Grabban.

The rumours are that we are interested in a season loan, not saying i believe them but id be happy if they were true

If that's the case then Johnson is definitely leaving then! The drama with Grabban was the reason he left Norwich in the first place.

57 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

The Naaaarich fans I know unanimously said they'd have rather sold Grabban than Johnson to solve their beef.

By this logic, we'll be booing him even before they announce his name before kick off.

Where has everyone got this idea suddenly that Pearson will be making huge changes to the squad and it's dynamic? Pearson and MM both always insisted that it'd only be tweaks this transfer window, and I've heard nothing from either to suggest otherwise. Granted there has been speculation in the papers, but most is nothing more than speculation.

The 'Chris Martin' thread seems to be a minefield of posters either suggesting a coup or complete transfer inactivity. It's clear to me that we shouldn't and won't sell Martin, and I think/hope we're aiming to bolster our strike force by adding another (not taking one away). Forestieri and Martin would be an immense strike partnership and one of the best we've had for a good few years now, as their attributes differ but compliment each other. I.e Martin's vision and passing coupled with Forestieri's pace and clinical finishing. Forestieri could play off of Martin, or alongside him, allowing Ince to sit in or play out wide. Two handful-strikers up top would also free up space for Ince to get time on the ball. 

If that was the only addition/change from here we'd be a force this year for sure but I'd be impartial to Gunnarsson as a tough tackling centre midfielder and perhaps another right back option.

Finally - outgoings. For me, Johnson is the only player who needs to go. It's simply in both parties' interests and would help restore squad balance. Blackman and Weimann both need time and Butterfield needs more minutes (I was impressed with him a lot last year and am surprised we didn't see him more).

Baird and Grant can be pretty poor on the pitch, but I imagine are useful behind the scenes and neither would command enough of a fee. Am personally hoping to see more of Mitchell this year, too.

9 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

Baird and Grant can be pretty poor on the pitch, but I imagine are useful behind the scenes and neither would command enough of a fee. Am personally hoping to see more of Mitchell this year, too.

Baird apparently competent at unblocking drains, Grant quite good at pairing socks.

Those who've been suggesting Assombalonga, that would be way too much of a risk. His knee injury was especially bad so I think it would be daft to pay !0m+ on someone who may not play much again. His goals on opening day were both from a yard so don't tell us much except he's retained good poaching instincts. But he's already out injured for the gumps' trip to Brighton this evening.

Due diligence on a player means they have to prove their fitness. We're no longer a club that has to take the risk of feeding off scraps in the hope they come good.

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Those who've been suggesting Assombalonga, that would be way too much of a risk. His knee injury was especially bad so I think it would be daft to pay !0m+ on someone who may not play much again. His goals on opening day were both from a yard so don't tell us much except he's retained good poaching instincts. But he's already out injured for the gumps' trip to Brighton this evening.

Due diligence on a player means they have to prove their fitness. We're no longer a club that has to take the risk of feeding off scraps in the hope they come good.

I also think there is very little chance in Forest/Fawaz even entertaining a bid from us unless it is an eye-watering amount, or they know that he won't play more than half the games this season with injuries. No goer.

Ive said it before but we should go in for Bamford i know his attitude is questionable but wasnt the same said of tom ince.  But to be fair when this is all over i feel we will have nakhi wells which could turn out to be the right choice after just know we desperately need a another decent striker with martin. 

1 hour ago, ramsputen said:

Ive said it before but we should go in for Bamford i know his attitude is questionable but wasnt the same said of tom ince.  But to be fair when this is all over i feel we will have nakhi wells which could turn out to be the right choice after just know we desperately need a another decent striker with martin. 

Bamford was good when he was here but we're seriously bloated for forwards, I'd want to see 2 or 3 leave before going in for him.

Based on watching derby in their last 4 games

1 - blackman is a waste of time so we need a right mid

2 - Forestieri would be a massive improvement on ince in the current #10 role that he plays

3 - gunnarson would add much needed clout to our current midfield

Out with the old in with the new - we change manager and formation then expect success - it's just not going to happen that way

Back the manager 

Keep the faith 

1 hour ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Out with the old in with the new - we change manager and formation then expect success - it's just not going to happen that way

Back the manager 

Keep the faith 

I like the players we have... And have never ever ever liked Pearson as a manager... 

Am I allowed to back the players and complain through all the utter turd we're going to have to suffer through with Pearson that we'd be much better off under Wassall?

At least he had us playing nice attacking football... And scoring goals...

Archived