Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

I don't know anything about the guy but been told by a reliable source that Dominic Ball (Spurs CB) is in talks about a loan move.

Unless Bucko AND Pearce are on the way out that would be an odd move... We have 5 CBs with championship experience... Would be an odd move bringing in a guy with none on loan... Unless we're definitely going to be playing 3 at the back?

50 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Unless Bucko AND Pearce are on the way out that would be an odd move... We have 5 CBs with championship experience... Would be an odd move bringing in a guy with none on loan... Unless we're definitely going to be playing 3 at the back?

I completely agree, and exactly what I said to my source but he seemed certain it was Derby

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Interesting one, Callum Wilson from Bournmouth who seem to be overloaded with forwards?

Who? They have Wilson, Afobe & Grabban. A couple more fringe players but that's it. They also rejected a £25mil bid from West Ham for Ritchie & Wilson combined. Ritchie left for £12mil which suggests they value Wilson at over £13mil.

10 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

I completely agree, and exactly what I said to my source but he seemed certain it was Derby

Can't help thinking if this is the case it'll be just like Michael Keane a few seasons back... Decent player (and has gone on to get better) but at the time wasn't good enough to improve our defence, and was never going to be a permanent move so why bother playing him from a development side?

Unless it's a permanent transfer and they see some spark in him then it would seem odd... As I don't see it likely that he's going to be better than Keogh and Shackell and probably not better than Bucko or Pearce...

2 minutes ago, DCFC 4 LIFE 123 said:

If derby signed callum Wilson we would have the best attack in the league by far

Why would Callum Wilson come here?

He's just recently signed a new 4 year deal at Bournemouth and the likes of Liverpool were reportedly looking at him before he sustained his injury last season. Never going to happen in a million years.

3 minutes ago, DCFC 4 LIFE 123 said:

What about Joshua king then or afobe. Wait, why am I just naming Bournemouth strikers

Afobe - cost Bournemouth £10 mil so we'd probably have to pay even more than that. And then there's no guarantee he'd even want to drop down a league.

King - has scored 17 goals in 142 games throughout his career .... surely we can find someone a little more prolific? 

Or jay Rodriguez

He was linked with a £20 million + move last summer. Yes he's missed most the season through injury, but Southampton will still value him at a a huge amount and I'd imagine there's Prem teams who'd want him if he were for sale.

Or jay Rodriguez

5 minutes ago, DCFC 4 LIFE 123 said:

What about bradshaw then

14 minutes ago, DCFC 4 LIFE 123 said:

What about Joshua king then or afobe. Wait, why am I just naming Bournemouth strikers

21 minutes ago, DCFC 4 LIFE 123 said:

If derby signed callum Wilson we would have the best attack in the league by far

This isn't the football manager game when you just buy any striker that might have played well for the past few games.

Get a basic scout report, get it back within the hour, add a new Man U manager in, bid £500 million for Lee Grant, switch back to Derby, sell Grant, then buy all 10 strikers on your list.

Doesn't quite work like that....

7 minutes ago, DCFC 4 LIFE 123 said:

What about bradshaw then

This suggestion is a realistic one. He only has 1 year left on his deal and judging by the bids Walsall have already received for him, he would probably only cost under £1 mil. It's just whether or not Pearson would prefer to sign a player already proven at Championship/Premiership level or take a risk on a prolific striker from league 1.

1 minute ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

This isn't the football manager game when you just buy any striker that might have played well for the past few games.

Get a basic scout report, get it back within the hour, add a new Man U manager in, bid £500 million for Lee Grant, switch back to Derby, sell Grant, then buy all 10 strikers on your list.

You cheating *******

1 minute ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

He also mentioned forest striker too. It might work on FM and Fifa but it ain't happening in real time anyway. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

You cheating *******

How else would I get a strike force of Ronaldo, Messi and Bale? That penny pinching local owner won't do anything after I spent all the budget on pleasing the fans with a German center back!

Archived