Marco Reich

jagerbob

Was just reading this little article about a very small unfashionable club doing a 'leicester' back in the day, when i read they mentioned our very own ex player Marco Reich.

Marco Reich was at Kaiserslautern for their promotion and their subsequent Bundersliga Championship, who knew he was ever a championship winner? I know i didnt.

One of my weird memories of the guy was Colin Gibson or someone else asking him in an interview if he had played in a game as hostile or intimated as derby vs forest. and I remember him saying "does playing infront of 85,000 at Dortmund count?" 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/10260273/the-german-leicester

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Such a frustrating player, looked brilliant when he first joined, in fact after his first game i recall the sun saying 'whats a player this good doing at derby?'.

But he slowly went downhill, seemed to do that everywhere he went, start brilliant then fade away.

Yep - an incredibly skilfull player, but once his secret was out, the opponents would mark him a bit more closely, gave him zero time on the ball and he soon lost interest. We had a run of overseas players like that didn't we? Lupoli, Costa, Bueno spring to mind but I'm sure there were others

9 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Was just reading this little article about a very small unfashionable club doing a 'leicester' back in the day, when i read they mentioned our very own ex player Marco Reich.

Marco Reich was at Kaiserslautern for their promotion and their subsequent Bundersliga Championship, who knew he was ever a championship winner? I know i didnt.

One of my weird memories of the guy was Colin Gibson or someone else asking him in an interview if he had played in a game as hostile or intimated as derby vs forest. and I remember him saying "does playing infront of 85,000 at Dortmund count?" 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/10260273/the-german-leicester

Actually that's one hell of a article. Positive suprise form ss.

Nothing like comparing to history. If you don't believe, go ask from notts forest fan.

Archived