OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

7 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

you can present the facts whichever way you want, you're disloyal and unfair and it's fans like you that bring shame on this club. Did you learn how to be a fan by watching Newcastle fans?

I totally disagree about performance improvements in general, but even the best managers and their teams have dreadful performances, why should Wassall and Derby be any different? Only a moron expects 100% performances and results from a settled team having the best players in the world, let alone little Derby.

So you wish to ignore the facts and also ignore the poor performances, remember it was Mel who said performances  had to improve. But its always the same when somebody loses a debate they refer to personal attacks.

I should have really known better than to a provide you with the facts.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Results? The man guided us to best half season in 80 years.

Granted we had a blip..... But tell me this, how can we were so right to sack Clement when we had poor results but Brighton, Burnley (who were 9 points behind us at one stage) and Boro so wrong in sticking by their managers during similar blips and performances?

Wassall I wouldn't like to see get job either, but I'm not going to jump on every sodding bandwagon when things go wrong every time like some seem to do..... I back my football club. I'm going to give him a chance to last, it's a shame some couldn't back the previous coach for so long........

The I WANT I WANT I WANT IT NOW generation people...... Sums up some people. 

Why don't you direct the question to Mel?

After all he made the decision not me!

58 minutes ago, toddy said:

So you wish to ignore the facts and also ignore the poor performances, remember it was Mel who said performances  had to improve. But its always the same when somebody loses a debate they refer to personal attacks.

I should have really known better than to a provide you with the facts.

'facts'? YOUR subjective statements on performances are 'opinion', not 'fact'.

Mel wanted improvement and you're the only person (I nearly said Derby fan, but I'm not so sure!) who doesn't see any improvement from the last 6 performances under Clement to the last 6 performances under Wassall. I choose 6 as it's the standard measurement of form in the media.

As for personal attacks, I have made no attack on you, I suggested only ****** expect 100% 10/10 performances and results, not even Barcelona fans expect that! BUT, if the cap fits. I also don't see a debate, I just read you blabbering on about something Wassall hasn't managed to do, which would be impossible in reality, so no debate at all.

People wanting Pearson should also realise that he didn't have the success he had at Leicester with any other club, simply cos he never had the backroom staff, and nor would he have if he came here.

I think we are more likely to get what Hull got when they appointed him, than what Leicester got after about 4 years total.

My first contribution on this thread. Sorry, but haven't read any of the previous posts, so may be duplicating. I think Mel might go for Giggs. No track record or genuine experience obviously but it would continue Mel's trend of offering jobs to 'number two' personnel.

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

This thread needs some flirting before it reaches the heights of Thorne's one.

Lack of #patience is at pretty similar level, have to admit.

I was just thinking that. What was the record for the Thorne thread like 200 something pages? 

7 hours ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

NP would shake things up and give us 442. Would need 2 new wingers tho.

There's the answer then..........it must be HIM who has told us to widen the pitch.....:ermm:

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

My first contribution on this thread. Sorry, but haven't read any of the previous posts, so may be duplicating. I think Mel might go for Giggs. No track record or genuine experience obviously but it would continue Mel's trend of offering jobs to 'number two' personnel.

I wondered about that too. Looks like Giggs needs to get experience elsewhere before getting his Man Utd chance. We would be a pretty good fit - the owner wants to play football the right way, Giggs would have credibility with the players, and you'd hope he's picked up some useful tips from Ferguson over the years.

38 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

'facts'? YOUR subjective statements on performances are 'opinion', not 'fact'.

Mel wanted improvement and you're the only person (I nearly said Derby fan, but I'm not so sure!) who doesn't see any improvement from the last 6 performances under Clement to the last 6 performances under Wassall. I choose 6 as it's the standard measurement of form in the media.

As for personal attacks, I have made no attack on you, I suggested only ****** expect 100% 10/10 performances and results, not even Barcelona fans expect that! BUT, if the cap fits. I also don't see a debate, I just read you blabbering on about something Wassall hasn't managed to do, which would be impossible in reality, so no debate at all.

As I keep saying the Wassall results and performances do speak for themselves and there are an endless list of fans on here who have not seen an improvement with Wassall in charge - if in any doubt read this complete thread and the 'Wassall out' thread.

You are also failing to mention Mel had to bring in HR to hold Wassall's hand and help in out and that wasn't because Wassall was doing such a fantastic job was it?

17 minutes ago, toddy said:

As I keep saying the Wassall results and performances do speak for themselves and there are an endless list of fans on here who have not seen an improvement with Wassall in charge - if in any doubt read this complete thread and the 'Wassall out' thread.

You are also failing to mention Mel had to bring in HR to hold Wassall's hand and help in out and that wasn't because Wassall was doing such a fantastic job was it?

I don't need to read a load of ungrateful attention-seeking, unrealistic, ignorant haters who think they're entitled to something that doesn't exist to tell me something that my own eyes tell me better.

Compare Clement's FIRST 6 games with Wassall's FIRST 6 and Wassall has better results and performances.

Compare Clement's LAST 6 games with Wassall's LAST 6 and Wassall has better results and performances.

Theses two comments are FACT!

Every manager needs assistants.

PistoldPete2
1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

I don't need to read a load of ungrateful attention-seeking, unrealistic, ignorant haters who think they're entitled to something that doesn't exist to tell me something that my own eyes tell me better.

Compare Clement's FIRST 6 games with Wassall's FIRST 6 and Wassall has better results and performances.

Compare Clement's LAST 6 games with Wassall's LAST 6 and Wassall has better results and performances.

I actually dont agree with the first statement. Clements first 6 games we played pretty well but didnt get the results, cretainly nothing as bad as the MK Dons home performance. As for comparing last 6 games... well Clem got the sack so hardly a fair comparison. Wassalls last 6 games have been two defeats, two draws and two wins, so not brilliant either altho 5 of those 6 were against top 6 teams.   The football was mostly decent to watch towards the end of season , except for the Hull home game which was dire.

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I actually dont agree with the first statement. Clements first 6 games we played pretty well but didnt get the results, cretainly nothing as bad as the MK Dons home performance. As for comparing last 6 games... well Clem got the sack so hardly a fair comparison. Wassalls last 6 games have been two defeats, two draws and two wins, so not brilliant either altho 5 of those 6 were against top 6 teams.   The football was mostly decent to watch towards the end of season , except for the Hull home game which was dire.

Did u go to Bolton and Pompey???????

12 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Have you now got a ST, I thought I had read somewhere you didn't go regularly any more, apologies if wrong?

Back to your post, why are you taking 6 games as a bench mark? Very confusing as both managers struggled to get consistency throughout their tenure.  I would also add that taking the last 6 games of DWs season, and I might be wrong on this, but we had the biggest home loss in the history of the championship play offs - I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong :-)

2 hours ago, Dimmu said:

This thread needs some flirting before it reaches the heights of Thorne's one.

Lack of #patience is at pretty similar level, have to admit.

The difference between this and the Thorne thread is that then, we all wanted the same thing. 

Now, we appear to want about 17 different things.

Paul Clement: 33 games. 42.42 win % - 1.64 points per game

Darren Wassall: 18 games. 50 win % - 1.67 points per game

Don't know how that would look if you did PC's first 18 games. Would anybody argue that the performances & entertainment weren't better (on average) under Wassall than PC?.

3 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Paul Clement: 33 games. 42.42 win % - 1.64 points per game

Darren Wassall: 18 games. 50 win % - 1.67 points per game

Don't know how that would look if you did PC's first 18 games. Would anybody argue that the performances & entertainment weren't better (on average) under Wassall than PC?.

That's 51 games?

PistoldPete2
29 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Did u go to Bolton and Pompey???????

No i saw the pompey game on Tv .. that was bad but I wasnt counting the League Cup game with Sawanka and co.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

I choose 6 as it's the standard measurement of form in the media

I already answered the six earlier.

21 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Have you now got a ST, I thought I had read somewhere you didn't go regularly any more, apologies if wrong?

Back to your post, why are you taking 6 games as a bench mark? Very confusing as both managers struggled to get consistency throughout their tenure.  I would also add that taking the last 6 games of DWs season, and I might be wrong on this, but we had the biggest home loss in the history of the championship play offs - I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong :-)

You don't need a season ticket to go to games. Also, you don't need to be at the game to watch it! So to answer your question, I don't have a season ticket. I don't go as religiously as I used to (which was EVERY game), but that is more down to working far from Derby. Derby have also been on TV about 15 times this season, under both Clement and Wassall. So I think I've watched enough live and TV performances to determine quality of performance.

Archived