OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that all this Tim Sherwood hype that's coming from the bookies right now might be done to a bull*hit ITK Twitter account telling people to put money on Sherwood.

I would rather go and jump into a ditch full of nettles than have to suffer Sherwood here. He's an absolute clown, he loves himself more than Billy does. His football is dire and he's failed everywhere he's gone 

the problem with Sherwood is that in his eyes having "passion" i.e screaming at your players "cam owwn lllaaaadddssss"  for 90 minutes equals success - what Tim is blissfully unaware of in his own away with the fairies world is that you actually have to apply tactics and have some sort of managerial skill.

If we want somebody who is going to stand on the touchline and do nothing apart from shout encouragement then we should keep wassall 

Unless an outstanding candidate is available which im not sure there is.

Then I think Wassall deserves a preseason and full season. He has after all got the club at heart and isnt using us as a stepping stone to go to a bigger club. On the whole he also has the players playing for him, which doesnt happen at a lot of clubs when they loose faith in their boss.

The problem with all these potenial managers whom fans like, purely based on their charisma and how they conduct an interview, is if they would rather build a team in their own image as opposed to build on what we have.

Then you are left with a PC situation, which is going to involve stubstanual investment and a lot of work to try move on contracting players whom dont suit the new managers system.

31 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that all this Tim Sherwood hype that's coming from the bookies right now might be done to a bull*hit ITK Twitter account telling people to put money on Sherwood.

Its exactly that. Why else would a newspaper report that Derby were interested in Sherwood at the time that Mel sais DW had the job to the end of the season. The newspaper report was instigated properly through payment by Sherwoods people, agent who whoever, simply because Sherwood wants the derby job.

Just think they'll be a total left field appointment again...... 

We can debate until the cows come home in who the next manager might be we want.....

Its Mel who holds the purse strings...... He will decide...... I still don't think this is a good thing mind. Hope he's listening, this appointment will be his most crucial.

Time to make a right decision. It has to be right, can't afford to make a monumental mistake.

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Just think they'll be a total left field appointment again...... 

We can debate until the cows come home in who the next manager might be we want.....

Its Mel who holds the purse strings...... He will decide...... I still don't think this is a good thing mind. Hope he's listening, this appointment will be his most crucial.

Time to make a right decision. It has to be right, can't afford to make a monumental mistake.

Just now, Reithe glas said:

Roy Keane it is then. 

Phil Brown was an alien (orange one)

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Tim Sherwood
Roberto Martinez
Brendan Rodgers
David Moyes
Nigel Pearson
Gary Rowett

I'd be happy with any of them. 

First 2 you sure you'd be happy? 

4 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

Just a fun fact, in our entire history we have never had a foreign manager always english or jock

Jock is Foreign mate :ph34r:

I'd like Sherwood, to be honest. 

Not only do I personally think he'll have a good chance of doing well, it would also get right on the nerves of plenty on this forum. 

Warnock has just been interviewed on Sky Sports about why he has left Rotherham, he said (something like):

"I was watching the Plymouth play off game against Portsmouth and I decided, I want some of that, I want to manage in the Championship as that is the division I like, I want a club ready to be able to take up and leave them in the Premier League, I have had 7 promotions, no one has ever had 8 and I want 8"

When asked about the Villa job he said

"I think they have already made their decision on who will be their manager"

I reckon it could be Derby on a 12 month deal with Wassall as under-study.

Lets face it, he is like Billy Davies mark 2, you flipping hate him, but he will take you up.

Archived