Anybody fancy the game at the bet365 tonight lads???

ramsbottom

32 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

The thing I find strange is the powers that be have totally got rid of sponsorships to do with cigarettes and alcohol yet everyone's quite happy to get sponsored by betting companies. Are these not just as bad? Isn't there gambling addicts? People losing there marriages, homes and jobs due to gambling? Possibly taking there lives because of it?

just for information I don't actually care, just asking a question really as I find it odd

There have been a number of complaints involving betting companies and their sponsorship in football over the past few years. I imagine this one will generate one as well.

This however is a little more difficult as the powers that be, the ones who choose the sponsor, the ones a petition etc. would be aimed at if people were unhappy ARE bet365.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sit in the Marathon Bet East Stand, can't really see much difference between naming a stand or the whole ground.

Although maybe they should be forced to use the tagline 'When the Fun stops, stop'.

11 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Because it's a **** choice that is only being made because bet365 owns the club.  

It's no worse than iPro, at least the general public have heard of bet 365....! No one knows what iPro is..! Fair play to the owner, he has spunked millions into making Stoke a mid table top flight club and is now chucking more money at them to sponsor the ground. 

Pretty soon every ground will be sponsored and we can't complain, we were one of the first when we took the pride park name. 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

It's no worse than iPro, at least the general public have heard of bet 365....! No one knows what iPro is..! Fair play to the owner, he has spunked millions into making Stoke a mid table top flight club and is now chucking more money at them to sponsor the ground. 

Pretty soon every ground will be sponsored and we can't complain, we were one of the first when we took the pride park name. 

No we weren't, just a lot of fancy companies have names that don't make it obvious. Britannia was already a corporate name. 

Besides, I'm sticking by opinion that 'bet365 stadium' sounds worse than 'iPro stadium'. In every context. It sounds worse than almost any stadium name I've ever heard. They're probably getting more money though. 

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

No we weren't, just a lot of fancy companies have names that don't make it obvious. Britannia was already a corporate name. 

Besides, I'm sticking by opinion that 'bet365 stadium' sounds worse than 'iPro stadium'. In every context. It sounds worse than almost any stadium name I've ever heard. They're probably getting more money though. 

KitKat Crescent was worse

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

KitKat Crescent was worse

Haha it is, but I've never heard of that before and I'm assuming by your use of past tense it's been renamed? 

9 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

We moved to pride park how long ago..? And so you honestly think that being called pride park had nothing to do with being sponsored.!?? 

I would say that the iPro stadium is the most embarrassing of all the sponsored stadiums in England it is a terrible terrible name. 

Archived