Anybody fancy the game at the bet365 tonight lads???

ramsbottom

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Football sold its soul a long time ago with the premiership... but this is taking it to the next level.

Sometimes I actually see something like this and think why do we want to the get the "big time" again?, this is just cringe-worthy.

1 hour ago, McRamFan said:

wait till the gumps name their shed 'Fawaz air conditioning and refrigeration'

Just call it The Ice Box.

12 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

We're ones to talk ! "I-pro " come on that's just as bad ! 

I disagree, to be honest. 

It's an obviously corporate name, but it sounds OK, is short and I think generally works quite well. "Pride Park Stadium" sounded better, and there are better sounding corporate names out there (I quite like the Emirates Stadium, for example) but it's certainly not at the tail end of corporate names.

Bet365 might be the worst I've seen. Looks bad (having numbers in a stadium name seems really odd), is cumbersome to say.

Also, physically the iPro stuff isn't all that invasive on the aesthetic of our stadium:

theiprostadium.jpg

The Bet365 deal means the Brittania is surely going to have a (if not multiple) giant green box(es) on it.

5 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

You gotta remember Brittania was a corporate sponsorship too

Yep - it's a name, just like the DW Stadium at Wigan, the Emirates Stadium in Landan, the iPro Stadium in Derby and the Council Tip in Nottingham.

40 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I disagree, to be honest. 

It's an obviously corporate name, but it sounds OK, is short and I think generally works quite well. "Pride Park Stadium" sounded better, and there are better sounding corporate names out there (I quite like the Emirates Stadium, for example) but it's certainly not at the tail end of corporate names.

Bet365 might be the worst I've seen. Looks bad (having numbers in a stadium name seems really odd), is cumbersome to say.

Also, physically the iPro stuff isn't all that invasive on the aesthetic of our stadium:

theiprostadium.jpg

The Bet365 deal means the Brittania is surely going to have a (if not multiple) giant green box(es) on it.

Regardless of what it's actually called , it's not called that by choice it's called that through sponsorship.  I just don't see how we can poke fun at Stoke when we've done the exact same thing , regardless of the name .

6 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Regardless of what it's actually called , it's not called that by choice it's called that through sponsorship.  I just don't see how we can poke fun at Stoke when we've done the exact same thing , regardless of the name .

Because it's a **** choice that is only being made because bet365 owns the club.  

The thing I find strange is the powers that be have totally got rid of sponsorships to do with cigarettes and alcohol yet everyone's quite happy to get sponsored by betting companies. Are these not just as bad? Isn't there gambling addicts? People losing there marriages, homes and jobs due to gambling? Possibly taking there lives because of it?

just for information I don't actually care, just asking a question really as I find it odd

Archived