London's first naked restaurant

admira

Probably not somewhere to go on a first date.

Dinner normally only involves you ending up face-to-face with a sausage if you've ordered a plate of bangers and mash. Not so at new pop-up restaurant The Bunyadi, which is going to offer diners the chance 'to experience true liberation' by eating a meal with their naughty bits out. 

The restaurant will be split into 'clothed' and 'unclothed' segments and will feature staff who are 'naked with only some covering', with diners asked to enter a changing room, disrobe until they are covered only by a gown and then choose if they want to wear said gown whilst eating.

The idea is that it's a dining experience 'free from the trappings of modern life', so expect food cooked on a fire, furniture that's been hand carved by an axe, candle-light instead of electricity and any medical emergencies being treated by leeches (okay, okay, we made that last bit up).

The creators are keen to stress that nudity is optional, but many questions abound: what if you spill the soup onto your lap? Will melons and chipolatas have to be removed from the menu in case of dreadful misunderstandings? What about splinters? We guess all will be revealed when it opens in June…

For more info, see thebunyadi.com.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

Can you imagine walking in expecting to see beautiful woman.. And all you get is a sausage fest everywhere I'm sure most would be awkward or plainly just walk out!

"The human body is beautiful in all its forms"

Yeah right :no:

PistoldPete2

I can see why it might be described as a "pop up" restaurant.

I will be careful next time I ask for a salad with no dressing.

14 hours ago, admira said:

The idea is that it's a dining experience 'free from the trappings of modern life', so expect food cooked on a fire, furniture that's been hand carved by an axe, candle-light instead of electricity and any medical emergencies being treated by leeches (okay, okay, we made that last bit up).

Presumably I pay for the amazing and revolutionary experience of taking my clothes off by clubbing the Maître d' over the head and simply taking what I want. I mean, surely minted currency would be considered a "trapping of modern life"?

Erm...sorry no, not fer me. I see enough naked people every day to know that the human body aint all that. :unsure:

I'll take the trappings of modern life anyday thanks, including the oh-so-cumbersome shackles of clothing. :lol:

It would be harder to concentrate on the quality of the food, whilst sat in the nud.

To borrow a line from the late Victoria Wood: "It'd be like trying to play Monopoly with a paper hat on"

Still, it'd be good to have somewhere to put my side order of onion rings.

8 hours ago, David said:

@davenportram take no notice, I bet you have a lovely body

Well put it this way, its better than looking at an old boy whos got baggy y fronts on, sitting with his legs at 10 to 2 with his bits hanging out, all the while trying to hold a serious conversation with me! :o:lol:

10 hours ago, ladyram said:

Well put it this way, its better than looking at an old boy whos got baggy y fronts on, sitting with his legs at 10 to 2 with his bits hanging out, all the while trying to hold a serious conversation with me! :o:lol:

Sorry about that. 

Archived