Hollaway's Championship XI

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
6 hours ago, jagerbob said:

On this years form, i wouldnt have a single derby player in either, and I probably have a derby bias.

In fairness to Holloway he watches a lot of championship football from all the teams, so its nice to see a team thats not just a burnley and boro XI

I spose the only quibble I would have is that anyone who only watches Sky live games would probably not have any Derby payers in their team either. We have the curse of Sky. Anyone watching Rams v Burnley would not have Shackell or Keogh in their team but anyone who saw them every game would know that wasnt representative of their form over the season.

So what, it's his opinion. 

Doesnt mean a thing, all that counts is what our team does on the pitch. Whether or not somebody thinks that warrants a place in his or her particular chosen VI means absolutely nothing to me. 

Whatsmore, I'm sure not one player that is in the "elite" will be popping the Champagne just because Ian Holloway has judged/decided they are better than other fellow professionals.... Nah don't think so!

All the recognition any player will be looking for is from his team mates and the supporters of his club. 

So Ian Holloway hasn't chosen a Ram for his VI, not really surprised to be honest. I for one ain't worried about that :cool:

I have seen Holloways team being discussed on a number of other forums.

The most glaring error it seems is, according to Hull fans the inclusion of Elmohamady at right back.

According to them he has only played in half the games, if that... and more importantly when he has played he has been in right midfield !!!!

8 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

So what, it's his opinion. 

Doesnt mean a thing, all that counts is what our team does on the pitch. Whether or not somebody thinks that warrants a place in his or her particular chosen VI means absolutely nothing to me. 

Whatsmore, I'm sure not one player that is in the "elite" will be popping the Champagne just because Ian Holloway has judged/decided they are better than other fellow professionals.... Nah don't think so!

All the recognition any player will be looking for is from his team mates and the supporters of his club. 

So Ian Holloway hasn't chosen a Ram for his VI, not really surprised to be honest. I for one ain't worried about that :cool:

If you receive a rocket for your V1 comment it is because it is X1, TMFG :o

On 17 April 2016 at 12:28, 11carl00 said:

No surprise here as he doesn't pick a single Derby player. (4-2-3-1)

Marshall

Elmohamaday Keane Dunk Friend

Barton Stephens

Arfield McCormack Cotterill

Gray

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11697/10243950/ian-holloway-picks-his-championship-team-of-the-season

Very surprised Barton gets in, from what I've seen this season Kayal ( Brighton ) has been outstanding. Not surprised that there's none of our players in though, who'd have thought that when we kicked off the season last August ?.

Couldn't care less what he thinks. Washed up and finished as a manger. File alongside curbishley.

even if he thought we were better than 1970s Brazil, I still wouldn't care.

stick to making funny quotes about badgers and pulling ugly birds you coconut.

4 hours ago, Ewetube said:

If he receives a rocket you ought to receive a BMW. It's XI, not X1. :p

Touche Ewetube ! Derby County to be promoted in Season MMXV - MMXVI

Bristol City i - III Derby County. Indeed a Cricket score! :cool:

Archived