Covent Garden Take Over

muzzamurray

CALLING ALL RAMS FANS:

The mighty rams are back in our nation's capital on the 16th of april when we head to the valley..

Is there anyway we can get a take over of covent garden?? i missed the fulham game, and it looked absolutely mental.. CAN WE DO IT RAMS FANS?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Its the South West Trains wonky trolley for the Hants'

All the tepid stella you can drink (well that'll be 2 tins each for the 2 of us) at the bargain price of 3.30 a can.......

Straight on from Waterloo to the Valley, do not pass Convent Garden, do not spend £200 on a round.....

If people are going down to Covent Garden, the stop near the ground is "Charlton" and as Hants says it's SouthWest trains. The best option is to catch it from Cannon Street which is district line (green), so from Covent Garden you'd walk down to the river to either Embankment or Temple and pop on a tube to Cannon Street and change there. About 45 minutes all in.

23 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

If people are going down to Covent Garden, the stop near the ground is "Charlton" and as Hants says it's SouthWest trains. The best option is to catch it from Cannon Street which is district line (green), so from Covent Garden you'd walk down to the river to either Embankment or Temple and pop on a tube to Cannon Street and change there. About 45 minutes all in.

Spot on Carl - alternatives to Cannon Street are Waterloo East or London Bridge. Services to Charlton are pretty frequent from either.

3 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Spot on Carl - alternatives to Cannon Street are Waterloo East or London Bridge. Services to Charlton are pretty frequent from either.

4 of us going, probably be breakfasting on Borough Market, a pint or 2 in the Barrowboy & Banker near London Bridge station, then off to Charlton for a couple more.

If you are going, take a look at the trains to Charlton on Sat 16th 'cos it looks like there is some engineering work planned around Cannon Street and Charing X and it's going to take a lot longer than the usual 15 minutes to get there.

At the moment, I'm only a 'possible'. I won't find out until next week if my current contract is going to be extended - if it is, then we're having our annual 'Rams on tour' - like last year we went to Fulham then went straight to Brighton, the year before it was Boro then straight to Blackpool, this time is will be stop at Watford on the Friday, Porterhouse Saturday morning, Charlton match in the afternoon, a few more jars in the evening, drive to Keynsham on the Sunday, Brizzle match on Tuesday night, back home on Wednesday.

13 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Any away friendly pubs waking distance from the valley?

Try Rose of Denmark and The Anglicatians. About 5-10 minutes walk to the ground. 

1 hour ago, Chellaston Ram said:

Any ideas the best way to get to Charlton by train due to the engineering works ?

I think that the works are only affecting the line further out towards Uckfield. Pretty sure trains from London Bridge to Charlton will still be running.

Back up options are DLR trains to Greenwich, Cutty Sark or Woolwich Arsenal and getting a bus or walking from there. South East London is a pain for public transport.

Archived