Covent Garden Take Over

muzzamurray

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can get the underground to the 02 and a bus straight to the ground or London Bridge is the best option. There is a market with a few London pubs opposite then train straight to the grounds. All can be done on you contact less debit card whicharges doubles up as an oyster card.

12 hours ago, Gritters said:

You can get the underground to the 02 and a bus straight to the ground or London Bridge is the best option. There is a market with a few London pubs opposite then train straight to the grounds. All can be done on you contact less debit card whicharges doubles up as an oyster card.

Thanks,  I had a look on the National Rail website and London Bridge to Charlton is going to take 1 hour instead of 15 minutes, not much time for a pint or two.

32 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

Thanks,  I had a look on the National Rail website and London Bridge to Charlton is going to take 1 hour instead of 15 minutes, not much time for a pint or two.

You could go O2 then bus to Charlton last season I did that. Getting out after the game the bus stop is moved down the road due to road closures around the ground.

I went for a drink in the rose of denmark which has both home and away fans just a short walk to the ground. I can't make it this year the missus has talked me in to taking her to Krakow (spit). 

Other option is covent garden then find your way to the game.

• 3 weeks later...

Haha! Tourists!

It's true though. Would you meet up in Leeds for a drink before a match in Rotherham? 

There's plenty of better places to meet and drink in London that aren't overpriced tourist traps without an easy route to the place where the match is actually being held.

3 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Why is is that fans would meet in the west end for a game that is taking place in Kent?

As a Charlton lad, I could safely say the town became part of greater London  around the 1850s...That's before the football league even started.. But the fans could meet in the West end if they fancy a 6quid pint. 

Archived