Florist FFP Chant Response

Herdwick Ram

Must confess I found it hilarious when they started chanting "Financial Fair Pay ... it's coming you way" on Saturday - they clearly must have run out of ideas, and I'd suggest their energy would be better spent worrying about their own finances rather than DCFC's ?

A Florist fan tried to bait me at work about this last week, but after I'd shown him their account he went very quiet - so just in case anyone tries it on tomorrow, here's a few headline figures to throw back at them from their latest accounts for year ending 31/05/15 ( all in £m ) ;

Turnover = 17.4

Operating Costs = 37.9 ( including wages of 29.7 )

Loss = -21.5

Net Liabilities = -76.7 ( made up of various share capital reserves 93.8 and accumulated losses of -170.5 ! )

NB : Included in this is a "Fawaz Family Loan" of 67.0.

DCFC's accounts are due to be filed soon for the year ending 30th June 2015 - nothing mysterious in that as companies prepare annual accounts and then have 9 months to audit them, sign them off, and file them. I reckon it'll be very interesting to compare the two sets and our board/management will possibly deserve some credit ?

I'm not an expert on FFP, but as I understand it a submission is due to the Football League on the 1st December after the season - so 01/12/15 for season 14/15 - using the statutory accounts as a basis, and adjusted for football & non-football activity. And I suspect - as Sam Rush has said - that we will be comfortably within the limits.

The submission for season 15/16 will be due 01/12/16. and - again, as Sam Rush has said - will be a lot tighter as it will included the amortisation of the transfer fees and increased wages etc. But I'm confident that DCFC will have models that look ahead to this, and beyond.

So, if any Florist fans start giving it some re FFP , tell them to "put it in their pipe and smoke it" - or alternatively, feel free to use words of your own choice.

It's great to be a Ram :)

PS : Florists next set of accounts will have to include the costs of repairing the toilets they've trashed too - talk about cutting you nose off to spite your face !

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Herdwick Ram said:

Must confess I found it hilarious when they started chanting "Financial Fair Pay ... it's coming you way" on Saturday - they clearly must have run out of ideas, and I'd suggest their energy would be better spent worrying about their own finances rather than DCFC's ?

A Florist fan tried to bait me at work about this last week, but after I'd shown him their account he went very quiet - so just in case anyone tries it on tomorrow, here's a few headline figures to throw back at them from their latest accounts for year ending 31/05/15 ( all in £m ) ;

Turnover = 17.4

Loss = -21.5

Net Liabilities = -76.7 ( made up of various share capital reserves 93.8 and accumulated losses of -170.5 ! )

DCFC's accounts are due to be filed soon for the year ending 30th June 2015 - nothing mysterious in that as companies prepare annual accounts and then have 9 months to audit them, sign them off, and file them. I reckon it'll be very interesting to compare the two sets and our board/management will possibly deserve some credit ?

I'm not an expert on FFP, but as I understand it a submission is due to the Football League on the 1st December after the season - so 01/12/15 for season 14/15 - using the statutory accounts as a basis, and adjusted for football & non-football activity. And I suspect - as Sam Rush has said - that we will be comfortably within the limits.

The submission for season 15/16 will be due 01/12/16. and - again, as Sam Rush has said - will be a lot tighter as it will included the amortisation of the transfer fees and increased wages etc. But I'm confident that DCFC will have models that look ahead to this, and beyond.

So, if any Florist fans start giving it some re FFP , tell them to "put it in their pipe and smoke it" - or alternatively, feel free to use words of your own choice.

PS : Florists next set of accounts will have to include the costs of repairing the toilets they've trashed too - talk about cutting you nose off to spite your face !

Welcome to the forum.  I'm looking forward to your conversations with @CornwallRam (hope I'm right on this?) over the coming years.  @ramblur set a very high standard for you boys to follow.

1 hour ago, Herdwick Ram said:

Turnover = 17.4

Loss = -21.5

Think you are missing out the most important part. Despite all of these losses and accumulated debt...they are still sh1t3.

Next year they will have the proceeds from the sale of Antonio but their income will probably be down again.

Their accounts are a real mess, absolute car crash material. Made even better by the fact that their fans were under the illusion that he has cleared the Doughty debts.

Archived