Hanson a great player in the making?

toddy

44 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I think you're confusing the literary definition of the phrase with it's colloquial usage in a footballing context. 

Or do you think that all the fans at all the clubs in England who sing "He's one of our own" to maybe one player on the team are just picking that player at random?

@Ovis aries made the point that people were 'crucifying' an academy product of Derby when talking about Hanson. You came in with input regarding Christie (which in itself was irrelevant and confusing, hence my use of Fry), and then used the phrase "one of our own".

This implied that you were of the belief that Christie was an academy product, and I was simply trying to remind you that he wasn't.

I don't care where he came from as long as he can do the job 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Played the quick, positive, risky ball which led to the goal. If Christie had it he'd still be doing pirouettes and stepovers as I type, alone in the stadium, the match long finished.

Oh let's have a go at Christie who scored a great goal against Brentford .

Dont understand why he was dropped for Forest game. 

I dont think Christie is such a bad defender. I think he is better than Olsson for example.

Its about priorities, if he put as much into his defending as he has his forward prowess in recent weeks, then we wouldnt be having this conversation.

Early season when we had the joint best defence in 4 divisions, and we were keeping a lot of clean sheets Christie was in that team, and I believe he wasnt so gung ho going forward and actually prooved to be a decent defender especially at stopping crosses at source.

Hanson and Christie are different players. I would call Christie a wing-back and Hanson a full-back. If I was the boss, I'd play Christie against teams who are not much of an attacking threat out wide, and Hanson for those teams who are. 

Nice to have options and different types of players in the same position. Just because Hanson has come in and we've beaten Forest doesn't mean that Christie is now ****. 

The problem worth dropping Christie is that he is very much a confidence player, and dropping him will probably have an effect on his morale.  His form towards the back end of last season was one of the reasons our performance levels dropped, it will be intresting to see how he reacts when and if he gets back in the team.

Hopefully he will have learned from it, and understand that football is bigger than the 11 players on the pitch, and sometimes you are dropped for tactics rather than performance levels. 

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

The problem worth dropping Christie is that he is very much a confidence player, and dropping him will probably have an effect on his morale.  His form towards the back end of last season was one of the reasons our performance levels dropped, it will be intresting to see how he reacts when and if he gets back in the team.

Hopefully he will have learned from it, and understand that football is bigger than the 11 players on the pitch, and sometimes you are dropped for tactics rather than performance levels. 

He just needs half an hour with 'Arry :thumbsup:

When I saw the team sheet I was confused , as there was no injury to christy,, Hansen did ok in his place having never played there in the first team but to be fair there was no big wow factor so I'm left with the feeling what was the point in unsettling the back four and what message does it send christy who has worked his socks off for us, done pretty well this season , rebuilt his confidence and moved hugely forward from the player I watched away at Fulham last season,,,, now if Hanse was an out and out right back getting the kind of reviews Lowe is getting at right back then fine but Hansen is a young lad still searching for his best position after playing away at Ipswich last season in a crisis and showing that he has something about him,,, sorry I just don't get the whole thing of dropping christy for Hansen especially given hansens versatilety the bench is good place for him and us at this point in his career or getting the full 90 as cover for injuries ? My biggest concern is that I hope as the least senior of the back four christy is not being scapegoated by wass for the Rotherham collapse as that would be bollcks and damaging for christy

3 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I think you're confusing the literary definition of the phrase with it's colloquial usage in a footballing context. 

Or do you think that all the fans at all the clubs in England who sing "He's one of our own" to maybe one player on the team are just picking that player at random?

@Ovis aries made the point that people were 'crucifying' an academy product of Derby when talking about Hanson. You came in with input regarding Christie (which in itself was irrelevant and confusing, hence my use of Fry), and then used the phrase "one of our own".

This implied that you were of the belief that Christie was an academy product, and I was simply trying to remind you that he wasn't.

Happy Easter

Why are folk railing at Christie now? FFS, he made a mistake at work. Who out the feckin perpetual moaners on here has never done the same?  Not long ago many of you were all raving about how he'd rediscovered his form.  Now, all of a sudden, he's the feckin devil incarnate. Get off the teams backs for once why dontcha?  Likewise all the 'experts' writing off Hanson as nothing more than a Championship player at best. Ever!  How the @@@@ would know?  Grrrrr

Archived