FFP and QPR

LesterRam

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/18/qpr-fine-financial-fair-play-8m

Google is your friend. I'm also sick of hearing about this.

I'm also sick of hearing the rubbish I'm about to hear for the eight millionth time.

"wah wah, it's not fair, they spent loads of money"

Life's not fair. We're spending loads of money too. If there was any financial fair play, we wouldn't have been able to spend £12m on central midfielders in the space of a few hours. Put your bottom lip away.

7 hours ago, Tombo said:

I'm also sick of hearing the rubbish I'm about to hear for the eight millionth time.

Life's not fair. We're spending loads of money too. If there was any financial fair play, we wouldn't have been able to spend £12m on central midfielders in the space of a few hours. Put your bottom lip away.

I enjoyed this post. 

23 hours ago, Tombo said:

Exactly.

Moaning that someone is using money is bit too dycheistic for my liking.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Pardon?.

You come here with your big posh words.......

If he was using posh words, he would have said 'Westleyistic'.

(that'll be lost on some)

Sith Happens

On 09/03/2016 at 15:11, Tombo said:

Whilst i dont agree with FFP to a degree, why should QPR get away with it but Forest etc be hit with embargos, no consistency. Maybe its the London club protection thats being afforded to them, a bit like West Ham cheating to stay up when Tevez was playing. 

8 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Whilst i dont agree with FFP to a degree, why should QPR get away with it but Forest etc be hit with embargos, no consistency. Maybe its the London club protection thats being afforded to them, a bit like West Ham cheating to stay up when Tevez was playing. 

It doesn't take a genius to figure out why different punishments apply to different crimes.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Tombo said:

It doesn't take a genius to figure out why different punishments apply to different crimes.

Please explain them then

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Please explain them then

QPR got promotion and hid behind the Premier League for ages? And then when they came down they demonstrated an ability to cut their losses without the need for an embargo so an embargo wasn't a fitting punishment anymore? And the fact that QPR didn't technically lose as much as Forest, Leeds and Blackburn did?

Sith Happens
8 hours ago, Tombo said:

QPR got promotion and hid behind the Premier League for ages? And then when they came down they demonstrated an ability to cut their losses without the need for an embargo so an embargo wasn't a fitting punishment anymore? And the fact that QPR didn't technically lose as much as Forest, Leeds and Blackburn did?

65 million in the play off winning season? Bet Forest, Leeds and Blackburn didnt lost that much between them.

QPR have avoided sanction by challenging the rules in court. FFP is clearly anti-competitive, but has a legal defence that its anti-competitive nature is acceptable as the benefits that it potentially brings outweigh the harm of its restrictions on clubs to trade freely. It is a classic legal grey area and ripe for a test case.

I don't think that there's any surprise that QPR are fighting this. What is amazing though, is that Forest don't appear to be. It would seem that if they started legal proceedings the Football League would have to suspend the embargo until after the case was decided. Maybe I'm just completely wrong and there's no legal case, but if I'm not, I wonder if it is an indication that Fawaz doesn't have access to quite as much cash as is often made out? Can he just not afford a court case? Does he actually not want the embargo lifted as it gives him an excuse to avoid putting money in?

Archived