Would you have cashed out?

davenportram

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would - but that's because if I laid the bet off against the three challenger, there would be some outrageous set of circumstances involving referees, meteor showers, time travel and quiche which would end up with Forest or someone equally unlikely winning the league.

On topic.

my logic would be.....

1 when the bet was placed there was negligible chance of Leicester winning the league. They have a 50:50 chance now. So definitely worth sticking with.

2 what you've never had, you never miss.....therefore the present value of the bid can be ignored.

3 not woth cashing out for anything less than 50% of the potential winnings

4 if i was a leicester, then winning the league and 200k would be fantastic. Hang in there.

having said all that.....i think they probably will miss out.

24 minutes ago, RamNut said:

On topic.

my logic would be.....

1 when the bet was placed there was negligible chance of Leicester winning the league. They have a 50:50 chance now. So definitely worth sticking with.

2 what you've never had, you never miss.....therefore the present value of the bid can be ignored.

3 not woth cashing out for anything less than 50% of the potential winnings

4 if i was a leicester, then winning the league and 200k would be fantastic. Hang in there.

having said all that.....i think they probably will miss out.

Yep 27 points to go, what could possibly go wrong?

Remaining fixture below. 5 points clear of Spurs, 8 points clear of Arsenal, some straightforward games (on paper) and a manager who isn't an idiot. It's there's to lose.

MON 14MAR 2016 Newcastle (H)

SAT 19MAR 2016 Crystal Palace (A)

APRIL

SUN 03APR 2016 Southampton(H)

SUN 10APR 2016 Sunderland (A)

SUN 17APR 2016 West Ham(H)

SUN 24APR 2016 Swansea(H)

MAY

SUN 01MAY 2016 Man Utd (A)

SAT 07MAY 2016 Everton (H)

SUN 15MAY 2016 Chelsea (A)

1 minute ago, davenportram said:

you know what I think this has been the most talked about Premiership run in on this forum for ages. Spurs fans must hate Leicester. Been in the shadow of Arsenal for years and when they emerge Leicester are waiting to take the limelight

For a reason too. If Leicester, Spurs and West Ham gets to the Champions League, it really has been most suprising season I remember.

Who would've thought such teams up there before the season started?

dont forget when thinking of cashing out right now, if leicester dont win the next game, and the two teams behind them do.....there goes half of the cash out, if it happened again and leicester were only 2 points clear of second, watch it drop to a 1/10 of what it is now.....

even on points? watch it drop to the original bet value :lol:

6 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

For a reason too. If Leicester, Spurs and West Ham gets to the Champions League, it really has been most suprising season I remember.

Who would've thought such teams up there before the season started?

certainly not the bookies

Archived