Would you have cashed out?

davenportram

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "punters" are just stooges set up by betting companies, no one in the right mind would have ever lumped a decent amount on Leicester winning the league at the start of the season....the only person who might have would have been someone who had money to burn and would not be cashing out.

1-0 up now....I really hope they do it.

3 mins to play 1 up, which will give them a 5 point cushion with 9 to play.

An easy run in, especially compared with their nearest rivals, no cup distractions, it's there's to lose.

I don't see who the other 'horse' is in the 2-horse race. At Christmas, I thought Spurs would be their danger, but not any more. I wouldn't have cashed in. But then, I probably wouldn't have put a bet on in the first place.

3 minutes ago, davenportram said:

how do you know? At odds of 5000-1 the stories are about guys betting £20 or £50. I reckon every club has a selection of fans that might stick that amount on as a "fun" bet.

I don't buy to at all...It is just Ladbrokes or Bet 365 or whoever getting free advertisements. No one would have bet 50 pounds on Leicester to win the league AND no betting company would offer 5000/1 at the start of the season anyway..... West Brom are now the lowest place team that could mathematically win it and they are only at 4500/1.

6 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I don't buy to at all...It is just Ladbrokes or Bet 365 or whoever getting free advertisements. No one would have bet 50 pounds on Leicester to win the league AND no betting company would offer 5000/1 at the start of the season anyway..... West Brom are now the lowest place team that could mathematically win it and they are only at 4500/1.

Would have to disagree, l went through pretty much the whole 90's puttijg a 20 quid bet on Derby winning the league, whatever the league we were in. It was a fun bet, never likely to happen, (esp in the prem years) - im sure there are a few others at every club who went/go through a stage of doing this.

8 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Ladbrokes say 47 people placed the bet at 5000-1, at the start of the season, so far 4 have "bottled" it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/football/leicester-fan-who-staked-20-7497663

Bet there are a few more tempted, because the cash out will have increased.

4 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Ladbrokes say 47 people placed the bet at 5000-1, at the start of the season, so far 4 have "bottled" it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/football/leicester-fan-who-staked-20-7497663

Bet there are a few more tempted, because the cash out will have increased.

Ladbrokes say....well it must be true then. Am I just getting cynical in my mature years?

Archived