bang average/ opportunity blown

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

The fact that Leicesters 4-4-2 has been shown to be competitive at the top end of the prem has been the revelation of this season. The tactical fashionistas tending to play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 or even the other day I saw a couple of 3-4-3's....

It isn't a true 442, just look at the average positions they take up. Okazaki drops off and roams all over the place, and Mahrez and Albrighton get up there to make it more like a 4-2-3-1

55 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

The fact that Leicesters 4-4-2 has been shown to be competitive at the top end of the prem has been the revelation of this season. The tactical fashionistas tending to play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 or even the other day I saw a couple of 3-4-3's....

Completely agree,  I know we are supposed to play 4-3-3 that might be the positions where we stand on the pitch at kick off, but in reality we play 4-3-2-1.

3 up front is great if you are Barca....

42 minutes ago, Srg said:

It isn't a true 442, just look at the average positions they take up. Okazaki drops off and roams all over the place, and Mahrez and Albrighton get up there to make it more like a 4-2-3-1

Well I guess you're right but i was going on the alleged starting positioning of the players. I suppose if you look throughout a game most teams will adopt a number of formations at different points. We are supposedly 4-3-3, but as Toddy correctly identifies in another post, we don't much look like that consistently throughout a match.

On 04/03/2016 at 06:44, eddie said:

I suppose that you think that the standard of the premier league is shocking this year too because nobody can knock Leicester off the top, and therefore the standard of the Champions League this season is shocking as well because three of the sides struggling below Leicester are still in it.

This is kind of true though. Maybe not quality but consistency and performance has been below standard. Leicester top the table on 60 points after 29 games, five points clear, where in previous years it would put them about 3rd/4th and usually at least one win away from the top. 2013/14 PL they would have actually only been 5th. Not even Champions League.

Archived