Nigel Clough/Burton Albion/Bris/Ronnie troll fest

Holdontightuk

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Holdontightuk said:

Wolfie20....he wasn't given any money, yet we've managed to blow almost £30mill since he left including loan signings. It's laughable how short memories are. He performed a minor miracle in what he achieved and some of the foundations he created and he was clearly completely committed to the club. Yet some on here would have Rowett instead (really?!). Its hilarious how some on here think Pearson or Warburton offer up any more potential to us, when we could have 2 out and out Derby men leading us in Clough and MM. Just cut out the middle man in Rush. 

You mean the same Nigel that played for Forest? True out and out Derby man, isn't he?

Didn't have any money? Granted it wasn't as much as we have spent this season but he did spend money, unless we paid with peanuts.

3 hours ago, eddie said:

You actually think that it was Sam Rush's decision to sack Nigel Clough,

I wasn't aware that there was any doubt about that?

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

You mean the same Nigel that played for Forest? True out and out Derby man, isn't he?

Didn't have any money? Granted it wasn't as much as we have spent this season but he did spend money, unless we paid with peanuts.

he was studying at Derby uni and living in Derby. Both derby and forest wanted to sign him and he said at time the decision whom he was to sign foe was down to his mum..... Was a terrible loss to us back in late 80'a

3 hours ago, bigbadbob said:

Is Arthur Cox still alive?

is his back better is more pertinent question. Never recovered from Barnsley singing "get ur Cox out for the lads"

3 hours ago, Daveo said:

Wasn't that partly down to redevelopment at Old Trafford? either way Fergie was around to win the fans over, Clough wasn't so if a poll was able to be done it would be interesting to see how many would be in favour of Clough returning. 

was nothing to do with redevelopment. That happened in early 90's.

You had vast swathes of empty terraces and loads of empty seats. One of our games in 1991 was made all ticket for derby fans. I never knew so just went in home end as did many derby fans. Could sit pretty much where you liked towards the corner flags.

22 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I wasn't aware that there was any doubt about that?

All right, sole decision.

We all know that it was a joint decision between The Illuminati, Mel Morris and David Icke., with Sam Rush being the evil bearded executioner.

Derby moved in a new direction,when Sam Rush came in to carry out our five year plan.

His changes went down well with a lot of fans,who thought the modern format,taking away power from a manager,was the future for derby county,with a new structure for recruitment,from board room level.

Clough had to go.The football club was now stable,and the americans found a buyer in Mel  Morris..

Clough has gone trying to pull a miracle off up the road at Burton.We at Derby have a,Custodian of the club.Perhaps not the dictator now is not the manager on team affairs,but the owner who is dictator of all aspects of the club,

With Sam Rush who planned and schemed our new strategy..We as fans supported the changes,but after 3 seasons of

us still being in the championship,And millions thrown  at it should we question it.  If we do fail this year---I know board out.

Problem we don't have one

Was simple under Nigel Clough we new who to blame,A nice thought if he had 30,000000 million to spend and we are still in the championship,think of all the insults we could throw at him,

Would not happen he built a good squad with just 6 million whilst getting rid of a load of dross on big contracts.

good thing is we don't have that type of player now.

Derby County has no heart again. That is down to Rush and whoever and whatever plan. It has already failed, no matter what they do now. A new plan is needed and if MM has half as much insight as he has money, he should know this. Rush absolutely has to go and we also need a long term manager who will grow us organically over time, this time with a half decent budget generated by disposing of the recent big money signings who all need to go, with maybe the exception of Butterfield. Take the loss, bank what's left and go again. Personally I still can't think of anyone better than Nigel Clough to start again with , who would be committed to the club longer term. Steve McC was a decent alternative shout but he screwed himself. 

If the current Board or Ownership was a government up for re-election, MM would be screwed too. 

3 hours ago, needles said:

The mistakes started about a year ago when McClaren couldn't change things when we got injuries and wouldn't commit to us in the Toongate fiasco. It's been a tale of wasted money ever since. Clough would be able to do what he did last time, clear out the deadwood and get a team spirit back, but he isn't coming back except with Burton next season, so forget it.

Mistakes started when Mac got sacked (Mel's first decision I think?)

1 minute ago, GeneralRam said:

Mistakes started when Mac got sacked (Mel's first decision I think?)

I don't know. Do we even know the full facts on that one?

From memory wasn't Mac staying on out of a sense of obligation? Doesn't really sound as though his heart was in it if that's true. 

Of course in hindsight I'd rather have kept McClaren than take Clement and let him systematically destroy what had taken years to build. 

The chief criticism against McClaren was the lack of a 'Plan B' - TBH, I could live with that if Plan A worked for 90% of the time. At the moment I'm not even convinced we have any kind of credible plan, A, B, C or Z?!

Well tbf, we're unlikely to find a Manager that lives up to the expectations of some DCFC fans - after all, Sir Alf Ramsey, Shankly and Brian are no longer with us, Fergie's retired, and Pep's taken over Man City....Suppose we could wait on Luis Enrique but who knows how long that might take....?!

2 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Well tbf, we're unlikely to find a Manager that lives up to the expectations of some DCFC fans - after all, Sir Alf Ramsey, Shankly and Brian are no longer with us, Fergie's retired, and Pep's taken over Man City....Suppose we could wait on Luis Enrique but who knows how long that might take....?!

Ramsey?

He wouldn't pick Hector, so we're down to two dead ones worth considering already.

Archived