Who moves on in the summer. Who comes in?

ColonelBlimp

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep the big 3 signings, butters as he is class, johnson and ince because we would take too big a hit on them, same for shackell. Get rid of grant buxton warnock shotton albentosa sammon blackman camara bent to anyone for anything.... sell on russell christie keogh and hendrick to recoup a decent amount to reinvest.... squad would be carson olsson shackell pearce rawson lowe hanson thorne johnson butters bryson hughes ince bennett martin.... sign 3-6 players then of class with a sound manager in place to finally go up

1 hour ago, satty atwal said:

Keep the big 3 signings, butters as he is class, johnson and ince because we would take too big a hit on them, same for shackell. Get rid of grant buxton warnock shotton albentosa sammon blackman camara bent to anyone for anything.... sell on russell christie keogh and hendrick to recoup a decent amount to reinvest.... squad would be carson olsson shackell pearce rawson lowe hanson thorne johnson butters bryson hughes ince bennett martin.... sign 3-6 players then of class with a sound manager in place to finally go up

You'd keep Pearce over Keogh?

10 hours ago, MrsRam said:

Can we not be talking about next season - my 'this years' season ticket hasn't run out yet ffs.....

This is what has annoyed me the most about not having a serious replacement for PC lined up. We have given up on the season which isn't fair on those who have spunked our hard earned readies on season tickets with still a quarter of the season to go?! 

2 hours ago, BottrillRAM said:

I would keep:

GK: Carson, Mitchell, Roos

RB/LB: Christie, Ssewankambo, Forsyth, Olsson

CB: Keogh, Shackell, Rawson

CM: Thorne, Hanson, Hughes, Butterfield, Hendrick, Bryson

Wingers: Ince, Camara? 

ST: Martin, Weimann? 

Camara and Weimann I haven't seen enough of in those positions to make a decision yet! 

From this I would go for another CB, 2 Wingers and maybe another ST! 

Why get rid of Bucko? Would cost far more than we'd get by selling him to buy a defender that is just as good at this level and happy to be a squad member. 

Weimann isn't actually a footballer. I don't know who we have playing for us but it isn't the guy who tore Man United a new one a couple of seasons ago in the premier league thats for sure... 

12 hours ago, Éire Ram said:

I can't understand why Johnny Russell is consistently being picked to start in the first-team, or being included in the squad at all, really. Okay, he can dribble and win us a few free-kicks in a dangerous area now and again, but his end product is practically non-existent. Not to mention the infuriating amount of times he end's up losing possession in the opposition's half, which leads to us having to track back immediately to avoid conceding. For me, he is surplus to requirements at this point.

Cyrus Christie is another one that I don't believe merits his place in the team, he is so poor defensively that he is almost always targeted by the opposition as a weak link, Wolves being no exception. He is, however, quite decent going forward but I would rather have a right back that is primarily concerned with their defensive duties. A bit like Wisdom.

The others I would like to see sold are Chris Baird, Craig Forsyth, Lee Grant, Darren Bent and Richard Keogh.

As far as who I would like to see come in, I'm a big fan of Alan Judge and I think he would be a lot more effective than the wide men we have at the club currently. I think quality rather than quantity should be our priority this Summer.

You picked on Russell, Keogh, Forsyth and Christie. All of who are in our current best XI, Christie and especially Keogh being among the first names down on the sheet. I'm out.

The squad is completely broken. It needs re-shaping in the image of the new manager. 433 was McClaren's and we've never really made it work in the same way since he left, or a year ago if you prefer.

I think we should forget everything we thought we knew about this squad and let the new man start again.

Weimann should be ceremonially shot on the market place for crimes against professional sport, otherwise they can all go.

The best players at the club remain Hughes, Thorne, Keogh and Martin. You'd suspect we should look to build around them...if we can keep them here.

12 hours ago, Éire Ram said:

Cyrus Christie is another one that I don't believe merits his place in the team, he is so poor defensively that he is almost always targeted by the opposition as a weak link, Wolves being no exception. He is, however, quite decent going forward but I would rather have a right back that is primarily concerned with their defensive duties. A bit like Wisdom.

Get no traction with that train of thought on here, remember pre-Olsson signing everyone said Warnock was too defensive minded.

42 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

You'd keep Pearce over Keogh?

Yes for 2 reasons.

1) we havent seen anything of pearce, not yet been given a chance

2) due to the lavish outlay this season, we will have to recoup atleast 10-15m imo from player sales to rejuvenate the squad, and hendrick and keogh could command rough 8m alone I think 

Archived