Who moves on in the summer. Who comes in?

ColonelBlimp

Keep at all costs

Carson, Forsyth, Olsson, Keogh, Shacks, Hughes, Bryson, Butters, Ince, Rawson, Bennett, Zanzala, Hanson, Martin, Bucko, Mitchell, Camara (maybe). Rest can go or on loan.

If we keep the above we have enough Gk's, central defenders, left backs andcentral midfielders. All we will need is 1 quality RB, 2 wingers, experienced deep lying midfielder and a striker with pace and strength.

Would cut losses with rest. Expect only decent money for Jeff and Christie. Big losses on Johnson, Blackman and Weimann. Freebies to Grant, Warnock, Baird, Bent. Pearce, Shotton, Russell can go for nominal fees 250k - 750k.

Easy......

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Daveo said:

I agree........ @Ambitious

I didn't even bet against us on Saturday. I didn't think we were that *****. 

On topic: I really don't know the answer to this because frankly we've not seen our players/team. 

If I was to judge purely on this season, I couldn't get them out the door fast enough because there has been a handful of consistent performers. Fortunately for me, I have the intelligence to know that a new manager may get the best out of certain players. 

My biggest fear, which I imagine will turn into an inevitability, is that we'll move players on who will go on to have a big impact at their new club purely because they're playing under a better manager. 

Ince, Bent, Johnson, Thorne....etc all performed better last season because they was playing under a different/better manager. It doesn't take a genius to work that out. I just hope our next appointment can have the desired impact. 

looks like me and ambitious are the night shift! I suppose you can't move anybody on until the new man gets a look at everyone.

For me personally the only players i would get rid of is shotton and pearce. Then warnock and sammon contracts to not be renewed when they expire this summer.

For a nice fee i would offload Hendrick and Martin. 

As for the ins i would take Judge from brentford and that would be it (unless a striker does leave)

Got a good squad just need to get them playing in a different way...starting with 2 up front ;)

We just need a balanced side.

Who can transitition play effectively.

The ONLY WAY the formation we play can work is with high pressing up the field from forward 3, and the central midfield 2.

The minute we lose that, we are screwed when we lose the ball defensively.

Even are defensive midfielder whoever it is, seems more content on starting us playing forward and is not defensive minded at all. Look how many international sides and top premier league sides who dont play 4-4-2.

Id say most play the Boro way, of 4-2-3-1, which essentially has two holding midfielders, we persist with only one, and with now having 2 full backs who are attack minded, all it does is leave Keogh and Shackell exposed time after time.

If you want to see a return to our CB pairings looking at their best again, like when we were keeping clean sheets and up their with the best defense in the division, look at how we played, our balance was better, the whole team knew how to defend, and you never ever had poor teams like wolves running at our central defense with massive holes between our defense and midfield. Against Wolves, it looked like a return to the latter MCClaren years, when we were all gung hoe going forward and Keogh looked awful, as would any centre half who has to do everyone elses jobs, aswell as his own.

Im still always amazed the hate for Johnson, hes useful defending and attacking set pieces. hes different to what we have already in a failed system. So hes not pacy for a winger, so what, can still cross and shoot better than most, and can go past players on strength alone.

12 hours ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Keep at all costs

Carson, Forsyth, Olsson, Keogh, Shacks, Hughes, Bryson, Butters, Ince, Rawson, Bennett, Zanzala, Hanson, Martin, Bucko, Mitchell, Camara (maybe). Rest can go or on loan.

If we keep the above we have enough Gk's, central defenders, left backs andcentral midfielders. All we will need is 1 quality RB, 2 wingers, experienced deep lying midfielder and a striker with pace and strength.

Would cut losses with rest. Expect only decent money for Jeff and Christie. Big losses on Johnson, Blackman and Weimann. Freebies to Grant, Warnock, Baird, Bent. Pearce, Shotton, Russell can go for nominal fees 250k - 750k.

Easy......

Actually thats not a bad shout in terms of keeps and hence outs. The conflict I've been wrestling with is how many of the team that gave us our best most exciting football have been too scarred by failure to ever see us over the line.

I suspect the problem we would have is that in crystallising the big losses on Johnson Blackman and Weimann that will constrain us in bringing in anywhere near the amount of "in"s you think we need, so we'll get stuck or have to take a big risk in finding some lower league gems. It can of course be done as Forest found out when they bought Assoonasimfiti'llplaylonga

Shouldn't we be playing 4-2-3-1 with Thorne and Hanson as DM but when attacking the middle of the attacking 3 pushes up to support Martin and Thorne pushes up to fill the gap. 

Should the attack break down he is higher up the pitch to break up play and win the ball back.

So, 4-2-3-1 becomes 4-1-3-2 in attack.

2 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Shouldn't we be playing 4-2-3-1 with Thorne and Hanson as DM but when attacking the middle of the attacking 3 pushes up to support Martin and Thorne pushes up to fill the gap. 

Should the attack break down he is higher up the pitch to break up play and win the ball back.

So, 4-2-3-1 becomes 4-1-3-2 in attack.

Yes. For me bryson instead of hanson and him doing the running instead of thorne because he is an engine. So different personnel but that's exactly the system i think we should play too.

On Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 20:23, Wolfie20 said:

Make your mind up! You say we haven't seen anything of Pearce so you keep him but give Camara and Blackman the bums' rush, even though we've seen very little of Camara and virtually nothing of Blackman in his proper position.

Give me strength!

Seen enough already of blackman to know he is garbage and will never prosper in our formation.... neither a winger nor a person that can play up top on his own.... he has had 3 months of form in his whole career for heavens sake! As for camara everyone raves about him and how he was so good in ligue 1.... and ive not seen anything in the sporadic cameos he has had to suggest he can succeed..... term rabbit under headlights spring to mind.... as for pearce yes granted havent seen anything of him in a derby shirt but he has played at this level and done well for the few occasions i have seen him in the league, and he wouldnt be a bad 3rd choice centre half at all. On a final note regarding blackman u said havent seen him in his "proper position" what is his proper position? During his 3 months of fame he was playing right wing.... not up front where everyone seems to suggest is his best position for some reason

On 29/02/2016 at 18:17, Simsy said:

Yes. For me bryson instead of hanson and him doing the running instead of thorne because he is an engine. So different personnel but that's exactly the system i think we should play too.

In fact, with Hughes instead of Hanson it would be perfect

11 hours ago, Dcfc10 said:

I still think simon dawkins could of done a job for us this season. With the s..t we got after him did he wont to go.?

It does seem rather counter-intuitive that our coaches have banged on about retaining possession, whilst Mel talks about our playing with style.

Yet we sold arguably our most stylish retainer of possession and completely struggle to link together play.

Archived