Formula One Championship - 2016 Season

RicME85

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Great result....hope the stewards give rosberg a penalty, sure the same happened to hamilton a few weeks back and the team wouldnt tell him what to do.

23 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Rosberg 3rd after penalty

Such a shame eh, not like us Brits with our sense of fair play to boo either :lol:

Hamilton was almost flawless, skipping over the little wobble on turn 1, but then who didn't.

To quote Dazza, in tricky conditions he showed resilience.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Get in, another great drive from Hamilton. Decision on rosbergs penalty? I'd say deserved from the late turn in, was way past the apex

It was his corner though, he'd made the move. It was right on the limit, but not past it in my opinion.

I think the penalty was due to the fact that Rosberg's reputation is beginning to precede him.

Sith Happens
23 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Get in, another great drive from Hamilton. Decision on rosbergs penalty? I'd say deserved from the late turn in, was way past the apex

Difficult to say, certainly looks like he never even tried to turn in, act of desparism from someone who knows he isnt quite good enough to beat his team mate consistently.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Difficult to say, certainly looks like he never even tried to turn in, act of desparism from someone who knows he isnt quite good enough to beat his team mate consistently.

He was on the limit of adhesion - if he turned in, he would have locked up and missed the corner altogether, potentially taking out Max with him.

The difference with the Austrian GP incident was that Hamilton had the corner, and Rosberg virtually ground to a halt before turning in. Today's move was risky, but most ex-drivers have defended him on that one, whereas they didn't in Austria.

You're right, Rosberg has been desperate a number of times. Hamilton's great gift is being able to race hard but fair, but Rosberg seems capable of only racing with one of those qualities. That said, I don't think today's move crossed the line - but his reputation is beginning to precede him.

Lewis, partly by design but mostly just by being Lewis, has got right inside his head. If Rosberg is beaten again this season after having such a clear lead early on, he's going to magic up some unprecedented mental resilience if he wants to challenge him again.

I'm really surprised they gave him a two-year extension, but it's good to see a team show some loyalty. It would have been quite easy to be done with the hassle and just stick Werhlein in the car.

12 minutes ago, Duracell said:

He was on the limit of adhesion - if he turned in, he would have locked up and missed the corner altogether, potentially taking out Max with him.....

I might have agreed with you if it wasn't for his radio message when he was told about the penalty - he didn't complain that he'd braked late and couldn't turn in, he complained about Max's pre-corner (perfectly legitimate) manoeuvre and then told the team that they should "tell them I was on full-lock" - as the on car camera clearly showed he wasn't, it suggests he knew full well what he was doing and was trying to make excuses for it.....

2 hours ago, Duracell said:

It was his corner though, he'd made the move. It was right on the limit, but not past it in my opinion.

I think the penalty was due to the fact that Rosberg's reputation is beginning to precede him.

If he's gonna make the move he needs to have enough braking capacity to turn in within the track limits taking into account if he doesn't he's either wiping out the other car or forcing him off. If he was going too fast to turn in on the apex he wasn't in control and thereby activist group too aggressively. Just my opinion of course 

21 hours ago, Duracell said:

He was on the limit of adhesion - if he turned in, he would have locked up and missed the corner altogether, potentially taking out Max with him.

The difference with the Austrian GP incident was that Hamilton had the corner, and Rosberg virtually ground to a halt before turning in. Today's move was risky, but most ex-drivers have defended him on that one, whereas they didn't in Austria.

You're right, Rosberg has been desperate a number of times. Hamilton's great gift is being able to race hard but fair, but Rosberg seems capable of only racing with one of those qualities. That said, I don't think today's move crossed the line - but his reputation is beginning to precede him.

Lewis, partly by design but mostly just by being Lewis, has got right inside his head. If Rosberg is beaten again this season after having such a clear lead early on, he's going to magic up some unprecedented mental resilience if he wants to challenge him again.

I'm really surprised they gave him a two-year extension, but it's good to see a team show some loyalty. It would have been quite easy to be done with the hassle and just stick Werhlein in the car.

What I find difficult to comprehend is in Austria, Rosberg was given a ten second penalty which was never going to do anything to the result, when the crime deserved at least a place drop. Then fast fwd to this weekend and he gets a 5 second penalty which puts him 4th, when you could argue he didn't deserve it.

Mind you, as has been said I think it is his reputation and his spoilt brat attitude that is getting the better of him.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived