Formula One Championship - 2016 Season

RicME85

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I just hope Rosberg gets it over the line this weekend.

It's been tedious this year, but it'd be cruel if Hamilton snatched it for the second time in his career.

Lets hope next year's rule changes make for better racing and someone has the balls to kill DRS for ever. If you want passing like that watch a motorway for 2 hours.

If Rosberg loses the title to Lewis it won't be cruel, it will be Rosberg choking (unless of course his car breaks down or summar)

11 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Here we go, conspiracy alert. 

Do you have evidence for that? No, you don't.

Mechanical failure is part of the game, always has been.

I don't think McRam is suggesting a conspiracy - he's just responding to a suggestion that Hamilton broke his car which is patently not the case - he's just been unlucky this year (though the fact that Mercedes took the decision to swap the teams of mechanics this year was always going to make people suspicious if there were problems.....).

Back on topic, anyone else expect Rosberg to conveniently run into Hamilton if he gets the chance to take him out of the race this weekend? he's taken a number of risks this year and been over aggressive on a few occasions (and been lucky to get away with very weak penalties as a result) - an 'accidental' lock-up into the side of Hamilton's car this weekend would give him the title....

31 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Back on topic, anyone else expect Rosberg to conveniently run into Hamilton if he gets the chance to take him out of the race this weekend? he's taken a number of risks this year and been over aggressive on a few occasions (and been lucky to get away with very weak penalties as a result) - an 'accidental' lock-up into the side of Hamilton's car this weekend would give him the title....

I fully expect the qualifying and race to be full of instances, I expect there are a few that want Rosberg to win and some don't.

I think if Rosberg took both cars out he should be deducted a win, because it would be a complete out and out deliberate act and takes the whole credability out of the sport.

12 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Do you have evidence for that? No, you don't.

I said 'I think...' as far as I am aware there is no law in thinking something, or are you the thought police on the F1 thread? No, didn't think so...

17 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

I fully expect the qualifying and race to be full of instances, I expect there are a few that want Rosberg to win and some don't.

I think if Rosberg took both cars out he should be deducted a win, because it would be a complete out and out deliberate act and takes the whole credability out of the sport.

I said 'I think...' as far as I am aware there is no law in thinking something, or are you the thought police on the F1 thread? No, didn't think so...

If there was evidence Rosberg took them out on purpose then they could remove him from the championship, this was done before when schumacher attempted to take villeneuve out on purpose.

I dont think he will though.

I suspect if he did he would also have his contract terminated by mercedes. Unless of course he can make it look totally accidental.

14 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

If there was evidence Rosberg took them out on purpose then they could remove him from the championship, this was done before when schumacher attempted to take villeneuve out on purpose.

I dont think he will though.

I suspect if he did he would also have his contract terminated by mercedes. Unless of course he can make it look totally accidental.

Neither do I if I am being honest, however there is a little bit that thinks his petulance may rise to the surface if certain conditions prevail, however it should be a cakewalk for him, finish 2nd or 3rd job done.  Very much doubt he could screw that up.

Just now, McRamFan said:

Neither do I if I am being honest, however there is a little bit that thinks his petulance may rise to the surface if certain conditions prevail, however it should be a cakewalk for him, finish 2nd or 3rd job done.  Very much doubt he could screw that up.

No he is clear favourite, i think he will win it. Hope not though,

9 hours ago, McRamFan said:

You said Think, not I think, which is extremely pedantic of me. Surely, when you think you base it on something or is it something in the tea leaves?

Anyway, I'm not getting into an argument with you, you're entitled to your opinion much as we all are.

I agree with your point about Rosberg accidentally on purpose taking Hamilton out, it won't happen.

Joker in the pack is Ricciardo, on different strategy, unfortunate that Verstappen couldn't have joined him on the second row, that would have been interesting.

2 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Only see the odd bit of F1 and Rosberg comes across as a *****. Is this accurate?

He didnt do today, quite gracious i thought.

5 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Very pleased to see rosberg clinch the championship in spite of Hamilton's poor sportsmanshiip(as per normal)....

I expect Hamilton to leave Mercedes by the end of next season,his poor team behaviour won't be doing him any favours with the Mercedes management

I totally disagree with you there. If Hamilton hadn't tried to back his team mate into the on-coming traffic, then it would have just become a boring procession and a guaranteed Rosberg win. Hamilton is not one to turn over and show his belly. He made that race interesting.

Unless Rosberg had a problem he was always going to win.

Hamilton had a tough start to the campaign but credit to him to be as close at the end.

4 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I totally disagree with you there. If Hamilton hadn't tried to back his team mate into the on-coming traffic, then it would have just become a boring procession and a guaranteed Rosberg win. Hamilton is not one to turn over and show his belly. He made that race interesting.

Unless Rosberg had a problem he was always going to win.

Hamilton had a tough start to the campaign but credit to him to be as close at the end.

Agree with that and it could have very easily worked.

Those 25 points lost when he had to retire when leading have proven very costly.

8 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Very pleased to see rosberg clinch the championship in spite of Hamilton's poor sportsmanshiip(as per normal)....

I expect Hamilton to leave Mercedes by the end of next season,his poor team behaviour won't be doing him any favours with the Mercedes management

It's not a team sport. It was not unsporting, otherwise the race director would have got involved.

The only driver who made mention that it was unsportsmanlike was Vettel and everyone knows he is a miserable ****.

Archived