RicME85

Formula One Championship - 2016 Season

Well done HASS, glad Ferrari look like they might put a spanner in the Merc victory procession.

McLaren improved, glad Alonso is unhurt.

I love Max Verstappen - reminds me of young Lewis Hamilton pulling moves all over everyone - he has to be looking at Kyvat for next season.

I think well don Palmer as well, drove respectably well and glad Renault look to be mid pack rather than shambles. held up faster cars without anything untowards is sign of a decent driver.

DEL

Kvyatt dropped to T.R (harsh decision tbh) 

19 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Does seem so, i reckon they have been itching to get verstappen in the Red Bull though. To be fair the Torro Rosso is a decent car anyway.

On 6 May 2016 at 12:15, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Noticed J.B went public to say the same, noting his podium finish race before.

This is all about keeping Verstappen, that and Vettel who I.m.o made some bold but equally daft moves when he started out, having a word with Christian Horner. Perfect excuses to drop him really.

2 hours ago, CumbrianRam said:

Max Verstappen 18 years old, new team, Grand Prix winner great maturity best race I can remember.

Wasnt bad, can think of a few better but good to see different cars racing.

Cant make my mind up on the rosberg/hamilton incident, seems the stewards couldnt either and have given no punishment.

IMO Rosberg had got distracted as he was having to change a number of settings on the steering wheel as just after starting on turn 3 the harvest light came on and he knew he had to do something to save himself from being swamped by the whole pack. He drifted right whilst doing this but there was plenty of room which is why Hamilton went for the gap. I dont get why Rosberg made his one defensive move allowed because not only did it cause the collision he would of made turn 4 tricky for himself, the sensible thing would of been to take the normal racing line and let Hamilton dive up the inside and make the corner too tight for himself thus having a slow get away from T4, Rosberg could of then come inside Hamilton at T4 on the normal racing line and regained position.

Oh, and it wasnt that good a race, there has been far better races with the Mercs still in the race. The hope was with them out of the race it would open things up for a proper battle at the front but Max managed the race very well. Catalunya is pretty pants for races. Great for testing as it really shows up chassis weaknesses but for car to car racing its just no good.

Very impressed with Verstappen, many other young drivers would get flustered with some of Kimi's ability chasing them for so long but I didnt notice any locking up at all.

Oh maybe over reacted a little but when the Mercs race the guy who leads turn 1 wins 19/20 times, there is never any variation in strategy and post race they come up with BS dramas, 18 laps with no water pressure, not possible.

Usually disregard the Mercs when they race (as do the FOM tv cameras). There is always good racing behind the lead two, pretty much a separate race.

Actually more powerful cars would make for better races. Remember the monster turbos of yesteryear that had the back end squirming all over the track? 

Should up the ERS usage to WEC levels, remove the fuel flow limit and reduce aero. Brake performance is too good these days too, means that drivers can brake late and know they will stop for the corner, if some of that performance was taken away it would provide more overtake opportunities.