Boro doing a Derby

North East Ram

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, rynny said:

It gets stronger and more difficult each season though or so I am told...

The majority of teams in the Championship will be as good or poor next season but I can imagine the 3 coming down will be in a good position to keep all their better players and supplement where necessary - like Burnley and Hull. There will be 3 of Villa, Sunderland, Newcastle, Norwich, Bournemouth and Swansea getting relegated - no guarantees obviously but except for maybe Villa, I think they'll all do well in the Championship. And then there's the teams who don't make it this season in the top 6. 

I know the same thing gets mentioned every season but the relegated teams will be in a better financial position than ever. The season after this one sees the bottom club pick up a minimum £100m plus parachute payments. 

That said, just watch Burton, Peterborough and MK Dons get promoted next season just to prove me wrong. 

9 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

The majority of teams in the Championship will be as good or poor next season but I can imagine the 3 coming down will be in a good position to keep all their better players and supplement where necessary - like Burnley and Hull. There will be 3 of Villa, Sunderland, Newcastle, Norwich, Bournemouth and Swansea getting relegated - no guarantees obviously but except for maybe Villa, I think they'll all do well in the Championship. And then there's the teams who don't make it this season in the top 6. 

I know the same thing gets mentioned every season but the relegated teams will be in a better financial position than ever. The season after this one sees the bottom club pick up a minimum £100m plus parachute payments. 

That said, just watch Burton, Peterborough and MK Dons get promoted next season just to prove me wrong. 

The same thing gets said every year around this time and by November it becomes the poorest it has been for years.

24 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

Just noticed  hull and Brighton drew tonight.  If we could of got some wins beginning  of the year we'd be  in the mix. But it was a big if.

Unfortunately, Operation Baldrick was a dismal failure. Burnley and Boro both saw through our cunning plan to bore them into submission.

9 hours ago, TETRA said:

Just watched highlights of Brighton's last three home wins online. Blimey they look to have gone up a level or two since I last saw them play. They look like scoring every time they break forward. Their present squad has loads of experience & technical ability. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they beat Hull tonight in the form their in right now. They could still be the surprise package come May.

We've been playing pretty well and Anthony Knockaert's been outstanding. We seem to have our mojo back and seem to have recovered from the fatigue that hit us over Christmas. LuaLua is back but can't get in the side at the moment and Baldock made his first appearance after a long lay off tonight. Rosenior was back on the bench and Bong took part in full training yesterday so our injured players are coming back into the fold. The feel good factor is back, although ever the pessimist we'll probably go and balls it up by losing at Cardiff and Bristol City!

41 minutes ago, SimonBHA said:

We've been playing pretty well and Anthony Knockaert's been outstanding. We seem to have our mojo back and seem to have recovered from the fatigue that hit us over Christmas. LuaLua is back but can't get in the side at the moment and Baldock made his first appearance after a long lay off tonight. Rosenior was back on the bench and Bong took part in full training yesterday so our injured players are coming back into the fold. The feel good factor is back, although ever the pessimist we'll probably go and balls it up by losing at Cardiff and Bristol City!

Fingers crossed ?

3 hours ago, SimonBHA said:

Hopefully you lose both games lol. Sorry ;) 

16 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

I've been saying this for a long while now, if we can't manage to get promotion this season it's going to be VERY MUCH harder next season & for many seasons to come. As it will almost certainly be three big teams having come down, all very anxious to get back to the Prem immediately using even bigger parachute payments money. I know we say this every year, but even more so from now on. This is why some Chairman have splashed the cash this year & taken a much bigger gamble. Although our Chairman says that isn't the case with Derby County, oh yes ?.

I

37 minutes ago, TETRA said:

I've been saying this for a long while now, if we can't manage to get promotion this season it's going to be VERY MUCH harder next season & for many seasons to come. As it will almost certainly be three big teams having come down, all very anxious to get back to the Prem immediately using even bigger parachute payments money. I know we say this every year, but even more so from now on. This is why some Chairman have splashed the cash this year & taken a much bigger gamble. Although our Chairman says that isn't the case with Derby County, oh yes ?.

I think people have been saying that for years. Has it ever been correct? I understand the argument about parachute payments, but championship clubs cab lose more without falling foul of FFP.

it was going to be harder to get back up when Fulham, Bolton, Birmingham etc .... Came down. They had little effect on the promotion race.

On 15 February 2016 at 21:58, DCFCArmy said:

Boro like us continually bottle it every time they have a chance of pushing on, we've blown good point buffers over the team in 3rd for the past 2 seasons and so have Boro

Can't help but think other clubs fans are looking at us and Boro with a small grin on their faces, we've both spent millions in the hope of pushing on, but both continue to choke when the door opens ajar, and Boro have spent 10+m on a striker as well, Gibson must be c****** his pants. 

Didn't realise 'coming' was a swear word.

18 hours ago, davenportram said:

I

I think people have been saying that for years. Has it ever been correct? I understand the argument about parachute payments, but championship clubs cab lose more without falling foul of FFP.

it was going to be harder to get back up when Fulham, Bolton, Birmingham etc .... Came down. They had little effect on the promotion race.

Remind me how wisely we invested our parachute money from the 2007 -2008 season? 

I would suspect a large proportion of future parachute monies are earmarked to see out existing contracts. So what's the incentive for a bunch of relegated defeated players to gain promotion?

And clubs won't be queuing up to take them off your hands.

Think the threat of the relegated clubs is overdone personally. 

Archived