Boro doing a Derby

North East Ram

More points dropped tonight and their fans are going almost as crazy as ours. 

It's Hull and Burnley now for me and a complete lucky dip of the current top 8 for the play offs. Sheff Wed have the momentum.

Is anyone confident we can pull a rabbit out the hat in time for the run in? I'm not ruling it out. Yet.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Spacehorse said:

Brighton have momentum also. 

We can still do this. If I really didn't think it possible I wouldn't have been checking the Boro score every 5 minutes!

Like it. Subliminally I must believe we can do it then as I've refreshed bbc football far too many times for someone who isn't bothered!

Boro like us continually bottle it every time they have a chance of pushing on, we've blown good point buffers over the team in 3rd for the past 2 seasons and so have Boro

Can't help but think other clubs fans are looking at us and Boro with a small grin on their faces, we've both spent millions in the hope of pushing on, but both continue to choke when the door opens ajar, and Boro have spent 10+m on a striker as well, Gibson must be c****** his pants. 

Yes, rule nothing out in the Championship. 

Although I feel Hull weathered their blip around Xmas with minimal damage. They're just so steady, have retained their Prem team and Bruce has done it before. 

I also agree that there's probably fans of other teams that are enjoying a bit of Derby and Boro schadenfreude. I do it to other teams every weekend with a check to see who has hopefully beaten notts forest, leeds, man utd etc etc 

42 minutes ago, eddie said:

There's nothing to say that Hull won't lost four or five on the trot. It's an amazing league.

It's a pi$$ poor league

19 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I think the only chance is through the play offs. If we hold on in the top 6 until the end of the season we might, just might have sorted our on field antics out and start playing well hopefully. Plus Hughes could be back to score the winner at Wembley!!!

Can't wait for Hughes to get back and save us.

As a Boro fan we have several of our first-teamers out at the mo, part through injury, part through suspension now. That's what did for Brighton over Xmas, the only reason we haven't had as bad a run as them is the fact we have more strength in depth, same as Derby have more than Brighton. For this reason you have to look at the money thrown at the squad as a good thing.

Soon as we get them all back and firing it should be the same for us as them, Win,win,win,win. It's all about hanging in the top pack till the inevitable form dip is over then blasting clear when we hit the good form with a fully fit and eligible squad. Thanks to the cushion acquired earlier we have managed to do this so far, if we can do it for the next 2 games we should be ok.

3 minutes ago, ipad1977 said:

Soon as we get them all back and firing it should be the same for us as them, Win,win,win,win. It's all about hanging in the top pack till the inevitable form dip is over then blasting clear when we hit the good form with a fully fit and eligible squad. Thanks to the cushion acquired earlier we have managed to do this so far, if we can do it for the next 2 games we should be ok.

That is what we thought last season.

For the folks that saw this on Sky I am surprised that no one has commented (although we hate Leeds) that they did a job on 'Boro. They controlled the middle and boro looked narrow apart from the odd through ball that they could not finish.

This league is about homework by the lesser teams (as well as the better ones) and with TV analysis each team can try their best to cancel each other out - Leeds were very effective. 

We need to realise that this is what is being done to DCFC on  weekly basis and perhaps for the first time this year 'boro went 442 for the last 20 or so (from the standard 4231), this means that even Karanka did a Clement by trying to force things by changing shape. 

Cast your mind back to SMc and the "Derby Way" times - a lot of the goals came in the final third by enterprise substitution.

We don't have the impact substitution players now as they have signed  (Ince) or gone elsewhere or are playing well for their own clubs.

14 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

More points dropped tonight and their fans are going almost as crazy as ours.

It's Hull and Burnley now for me and a complete lucky dip of the current top 8 for the play offs. Sheff Wed have the momentum.

Is anyone confident we can pull a rabbit out the hat in time for the run in? I'm not ruling it out. Yet.

Good.

Just watched highlights of Brighton's last three home wins online. Blimey they look to have gone up a level or two since I last saw them play. They look like scoring every time they break forward. Their present squad has loads of experience & technical ability. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they beat Hull tonight in the form their in right now. They could still be the surprise package come May.

15 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Never rule anything out in this crazy league !

Exactly,thats what makes the last week so annoying and frustrating.As the season gets to the conclusion its important to hold your nerve and show some balls. Unfortunately we blinked first and have made it far more difficult for ourselves.

Archived