Boro doing a Derby

North East Ram

20 hours ago, TETRA said:

I've been saying this for a long while now, if we can't manage to get promotion this season it's going to be VERY MUCH harder next season & for many seasons to come. As it will almost certainly be three big teams having come down, all very anxious to get back to the Prem immediately using even bigger parachute payments money. I know we say this every year, but even more so from now on. This is why some Chairman have splashed the cash this year & taken a much bigger gamble. Although our Chairman says that isn't the case with Derby County, oh yes ?.

wring those hands, baby.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Remind me how wisely we invested our parachute money from the 2007 -2008 season? 

I would suspect a large proportion of future parachute monies are earmarked to see out existing contracts. So what's the incentive for a bunch of relegated defeated players to gain promotion?

And clubs won't be queuing up to take them off your hands.

Think the threat of the relegated clubs is overdone personally. 

that's what I meant, but didn't put it as well

27 minutes ago, davenportram said:

that's what I meant, but didn't put it as well

Then I agree with that me old China. 

Wasn't dyche moaning earlier this season that even with his parachute payments he couldn't compete with clubs "buying the league "?

Of course he then went and spent a wedge on Andre gray. But think a lump of that came from us for shackell! 

For every burnley and hull there's a Derby,  forest, Birmingham etc...

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Remind me how wisely we invested our parachute money from the 2007 -2008 season? 

I would suspect a large proportion of future parachute monies are earmarked to see out existing contracts. So what's the incentive for a bunch of relegated defeated players to gain promotion?

And clubs won't be queuing up to take them off your hands.

Think the threat of the relegated clubs is overdone personally. 

I think after Billy, Billy's extended family and Paul Jewell had their cut, we were left just short of the amount it took to buy the worst players in history and send us spiralling into oblivion. Never mind gravitational waves - Billy has the power of 10 black holes, with some left over just for day to day evil and being a general run of the mill bastardo. That's how I remember it anyway.

17 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

I think after Billy, Billy's extended family and Paul Jewell had their cut, we were left just short of the amount it took to buy the worst players in history and send us spiralling into oblivion. Never mind gravitational waves - Billy has the power of 10 black holes, with some left over just for day to day evil and being a general run of the mill bastardo. That's how I remember it anyway.

Both our relegations in the noughties resulted in a downward spiral. We don't have a great track record in hiring managers ?

Archived