Bucko

2 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Chesterfield cup game. 

oh yeah, for 45 minutes with Albentosa playing in one of his early appearances. Hardly one to judge the suitability of current players to the system seeing as most of the current team didn't play in that 45 minutes (Carson, Shackell, Russell, Ince, Bryson, Johnson, Butterfield, Blackman, Camara, Olsson)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

@duncanjwitham 

Yes but we no longer play 4-3-3, its more 4-5-1:

We have been playing with the wide men far too deep for it to be 4-3-3 and that is part of the reason for the isolated Martin.

During Mac's time at the club we played like this:

I'd actually dispute that - the wingers are still playing quite far forward this season, but they're very static, almost like they're being used to pin the opposing fullbacks.  Martin isn't isolated because the wingers are too deep, he's isolated because they're staying too wide.  Under McClaren, they would drift in a lot more, and interchange with the midfielders - just think of how many times we say Bryson overlapping the outside of Dawkins down the left wing. That doesn't happen this season because the central midfielders sit a lot deeper and the wingers stay a lot wider.

Re 352, I just don't think it plays to any of our strengths.  The 2 key things under McClaren were passing options in the middle of the park and wingers stretching teams in behind.  With 352 you're sacrificing both of those.  We're changing a central midfielder for another centre half (reducing the forward passing options), and pulling the 2 wide midfielders inside as an attacking midfielder and a other striker.  One of the most fundamental part of our attacking play was a ball into Martin's feet and then a quick flick out to a running winger, it turns opposing defences and creates space for all the on-rushing midfielders.  That will never happen with a 352 as the wingbacks (no matter how quick and attacking they are) won't be able to support Martin out wide quickly enough, and the central players will be stuck trying to run through the brick wall the oppositions have erected in the centre of the park.

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

They outplayed us though, insofar as they had a plan and executed it perfectly. Consequently, I'd argue that our performance was worse against MK than it was against Chesterfield.

They didn't outplay us. 

We have played best in recent seasons with 433. We just need to play it properly with a quick tempo. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just read the interview in the Ram

I want to carry on playing for as long as possible, if that carries me down the route of playing for teams like Alfreton Town, Matlock town or Ilkeston then I will have no qualms to do that in my later years.

The man is so humble and just loves to play football, but the quote highlighted by the Ram sums up his attitude "There has to be a passion there to work hard for each other, put the team before yourself...." :wub:  Every club needs a Jake Buxton, pure inspiration.

It was the son of Muespach's 15th birthday yesterday, I asked him if he had a good one, liked his gifts/derby county cake etc his answer....

"the best gift I got today was finding out that I share a birthday with Jake Buxton, the man, the myth, the legend"

You know you have done right as a parent on occasions like that.

On 14 February 2016 at 18:06, G STAR RAM said:

Sounds like he is ready for a return to the first team squad.

Got to say I would be tempted to start him.

Not got a problem with Shackells defending, it's been very good. My problem is his distribution. It has reached the stage now where the opposition are wanting him to get the ball from our goalkeeper because they know it will mean a slow build up.

Anyone else think it's worth a try or is his defending the most important thing to the team?

I think your spot on here

id drop him 100%. To slow at distributing. Read him like a book. Wake up you shackle lovers. He's on his way out. Too much of a pretty boy 

Archived