Completely out of the blue

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I am honestly surprised as the rest of you. There was no talk of this last week. Morris wasn't even in the country this weekend. 

Training was as normal today. This has been kept extremely exclusive. I only found out when I loaded up the forum.

Unbelievable 

So Clement was told in the p.m. then

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Can you keep us updated on who's likely to be next in if you hear anything please SDSR? I don't believe we're planning to keep Wassall for the rest of the season, surely.

Neither do I.

I don't want to get too involved because this is a lot more important than a transfer. I wouldnt want to say something where it wouldn't be my place. I'll say what I feel it's ok to say...

4 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Can you keep us updated on who's likely to be next in if you hear anything please SDSR? I don't believe we're planning to keep Wassall for the rest of the season, surely.

It's a tough one. If you keep Wassall, with all due respect you sort of give up on the season. For MM if Wassall got us up he'd have a horrible decision. He'd want to replace him but how could you?

Whereas waiting until the summer may be better in the long run as we'll be able to take our time to find the exact candidate we want and start properly again.

5 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Go on then, tell us what's really been going on backstage over the past few months.

I think it's clear that Morris hasn't been happy. Dressing room rant was telling. Style of football obviously key. And lack of youth introduction. 

Wonder what will happen with the recruitment team? Surely just as responsible? 

8 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I am honestly surprised as the rest of you. There was no talk of this last week. Morris wasn't even in the country this weekend. 

Training was as normal today. This has been kept extremely exclusive. I only found out when I loaded up the forum.

Unbelievable 

So it was Clement who took training? Came off the training ground and told to clear his office?

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

It's a tough one. If you keep Wassall, with all due respect you sort of give up on the season. For MM if Wassall got us up he'd have a horrible decision. He'd want to replace him but how could you?

Whereas waiting until the summer may be better in the long run as we'll be able to take our time to find the exact candidate we want and start properly again.

Not sure it was as cynical as that, but training was taken as normal, yes

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I think it's clear that Morris hasn't been happy. Dressing room rant was telling. Style of football obviously key. And lack of youth introduction

Wonder what will happen with the recruitment team? Surely just as responsible? 

Clearly. But why sign all those cheques on new players? Hope MM will make a statement tomorrow with further information and answer some questions. If he really is "one of us", he should treat the fanbase with a little respect and tell us what's going on.

I was shocked ! After having some thinking time this evening I've come to the conclusion  that something mg other than poor form has made mel push the button ! I re read the season ticket letter we all got sent and clements mentioned so many times in it ! Re read interviews and Mel's clearly said promotion is not key this season ! Something else has got to have happened !

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

Clearly. But why sign all those cheques on new players? Hope MM will make a statement tomorrow with further information and answer some questions. If he really is "one of us", he should treat the fanbase with a little respect and tell us what's going on.

100% agree. Why collect the biggest squad in the division, yet make a statement claiming he wants 3 academy products in the squad every week? That would result in 3+ players earning 10's of thousands of pounds in the reserves.

So strange. 

3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

It's funny, when a manager usually leaves a club, regardless of fortunes, players usually come out and tweet there appreciation. Any for Clement? 

It's human nature that professional players respect managers that have actually played, and the higher the level the higher the respect, I know there's exceptions (Wenger, Mourihno etc) but a PE teacher must struggle to garner respect, no matter how good a number 2 he's been.

2 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

yet make a statement claiming he wants 3 academy products in the squad every week? 

It got to be PR talk. 

If not, MM does not have a clue about football management. Even Ajax aims at getting only one academy product into the first team every three years. One in three years! And that is Ajax we are talking about! 

3 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Unbelievable 

Out of the blue?

I have been checking BBC Sport every few hours or so since Saturday evening as I expected this.

The only surprise I had is that it took until Monday for the decision to be made.

2 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

It's funny, when a manager usually leaves a club, regardless of fortunes, players usually come out and tweet there appreciation. Any for Clement? 

To be fair, the fans did pretty much force all of the players off of Twitter ?

Archived