Georgy boy

Anyone else think that he's looking leggy. First season he has played this many games since he was 17 and it looks like its caught up with him. I wouldnt be adverse to stucking Baird in for a few games and tell the rest of them to push up 20 yards.

admittedly great goal against MUFC but overall he looks off the pace. Agree?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Anyone else think that he's looking leggy. First season he has played this many games since he was 17 and it looks like its caught up with him. I wouldnt be adverse to stucking Baird in for a few games and tell the rest of them to push up 20 yards.

No, not at all.

Thought he played well the other night. Even though we're used to him putting in majestic performances I find if I don't notice what he's doing too much then he's done well.

We miss his through balls though, don't know if Clement has stopped it but in his loan spell we must've scored 5 or so goals from them, be it directly as an assist or indirectly. 

On 2/3/2016 at 23:26, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Even if he ruptured both ACLs during the game and couldn't walk... He'd STILL be by far our best player...

IMO he's being marked. Clement said it last game. Thornes been saying it for a while he's being man marked and needs to learn how to deal with it.

That's the only reason if your the other team the 1st thing u do is man mark Thorne don't let him have the ball and you have a good chance of beating us.

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Even if he ruptured both ACLs during the game and couldn't walk... He'd STILL be by far our best player...

I think his averseness of his performances recently has really contributed to our poor run....but no one is allowed to say anything negative about him

He's too deep and he his playing too many safe passes.

i don't think we spent £2.5m simply to help move the ball from shackell to warnock and vice versa.

When he arrived he just took over the central midfield.

thats the george we want.

1 hour ago, Ashz09 said:

IMO he's being marked. Clement said it last game. Thornes been saying it for a while he's being man marked and needs to learn how to deal with it.

That's the only reason if your the other team the 1st thing u do is man mark Thorne don't let him have the ball and you have a good chance of beating us.

Fellaini was always looking for him when we played United.

43 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT YOU CURSING SAUSAGE!!!

Exactly...no one is allowed to say that maybe paying 3.5 million for a player who couldn't get into a very poor West Brom team might have been too much or that he might not be playing too well at all and that he looks exhausted..... how dare anyone say   anything like that?  

28 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

paying 3.5 million for a player who couldn't get into a very poor West Brom team might have been too much

The old pluck a random figure out of thin air and say that's what we signed a player for. Maybe the extra Forest fans around here are having an influence?

I haven't seen £3.5mil quoted once, it's always been anywhere between £2m-£2.5mil. Even if it were £3.5mil we've hardly got a bad deal when you look at what players are going for now.

27 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Exactly...no one is allowed to say that maybe paying 3.5 million for a player who couldn't get into a very poor West Brom team might have been too much or that he might not be playing too well at all and that he looks exhausted..... how dare anyone say   anything like that?  

Well you absolutely can't say that we paid 3.5 million for him as the fee was £2m from all accounts... Which is £4m less than Johnson... And I have no problem paying £6m for Johnson... Sooooooo Thorne still seems like a good buy for me...

Also I think the issue is IF Thorners/Thornsey/The Thornonator HAS been playing worse than usual... He's STILL 10x better than most of the other players at their best!

Archived