"Do you watch that every week?!"

Chris Mills

I'm not kidding, I was sat in McDonalds and a man walked up next to me and asked "Do you watch that every week?!". I look up to see a Preston North End bobble hat on his head. 

A Preston fan. Asking me that. 

What has happened to us? :( The thing is, I lowered my head and shamefully admitted that I did! 

I'm struggling to understand what is different to the team we went on a run with just a couple of months back. We had almost the same players in the same formation and it's unlikely Clement has asked for a change in style. 

Do you watch that every week? 

Bloody hell...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

I'm not kidding, I was sat in McDonalds and a man walked up next to me and asked "Do you watch that every week?!". I look up to see a Preston North End bobble hat on his head. 

What has happened to us? :( The thing is, I lowered my head and shamefully admitted that I did! 

I'm struggling to understand what is different to the team we went on a run with just a couple of months back. We had almost the same players in the same formation and it's unlikely Clement has asked for a change in style. 

Bloody hell...

McDonald's at this time of the night isnt good for you.... and yes this is what its come to

11 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

Bloody hell...

Very little is different to that run. Think back to the likes of the games against qpr, Cardiff, Bristol city etc. We exactly the same as we were tonight, completely toothless for large parts of the game. The only difference being a little bit of luck, or a moment of magic from someone to get us in the lead.  And you can't rely purely on luck or moments of magic, it's not going to be sustainable over a whole season.

1 hour ago, StaffsRam said:

Confidence is a big factor. But so is an inability to motivate or adapt. 

We really need a streaky 1-0 win via a 90th minute "in off the @r$e" goal.

Serious question. When did we last win a game with a very late goal? Actually, when did we last draw one like that? 

24 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Serious question. When did we last win a game with a very late goal? Actually, when did we last draw one like that? 

I'm not sure we've won any game this season via late goals. I can only remember one late goal - Russell against Boro at home in the 88th minute. Oh, and Martin's pen against Brighton in the 2-2 draw.

11 hours ago, ketteringram said:

Brighton at home if I remember rightly, when we got a very late penalty to earn a draw.

Archived