Derby County v Manchester United

Mafiabob

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sums our current predicament when I was calling for Blackman to be brought off, yet his replacement was even worse.

I was so proud of our team a few years ago, playing great, attacking bold football under Steve McClaren on a shoe-string budget. What wasn't to like? Ward, Bryson, Martin, Buxton... All bargains.

When we lost, it didn't really bother me as much as the expectations weren't there.

But since then we've blown over £30m on new players, gone from having one of the lowest wage bills in the league to one of the highest. Taking our average age of the team up a few years.

And playing slower, more cautious an frankly boring football where possession is the name of the game and we're not even good at doing that. Signing Blackman for £2.5m or whatever shows me exactly where we are.

Thorughly dislikeable at the moment. I feel Derby have lost a lot of respect over the past 18 months.

Well we were always going to be damned if we do, damned if we don't - win and half would be saying 'why can't we lift our game for those that matter' - lose and the other half would be 'we're not good enough, tactics, subs, blah blah'

Well we had a lesson tonight - team AND fans. Live and learn.  

Preston next.........

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Sums our current predicament when I was calling for Blackman to be brought off, yet his replacement was even worse.

I was so proud of our team a few years ago, playing great, attacking bold football under Steve McClaren on a shoe-string budget. What wasn't to like? Ward, Bryson, Martin, Buxton... All bargains.

When we lost, it didn't really bother me as much as the expectations weren't there.

But since then we've blown over £30m on new players, gone from having one of the lowest wage bills in the league to one of the highest. Taking our average age of the team up a few years.

And playing slower, more cautious an frankly boring football where possession is the name of the game and we're not even good at doing that. Signing Blackman for £2.5m or whatever shows me exactly where we are.

Thorughly dislikeable at the moment. I feel Derby have lost a lot of respect over the past 18 months.

I could swear you used to slag off wardy.

I think I watched a different game to everyone else. We were poor for the first part of the first half, but I think we gave a good account of ourselves for a good portion of the match after that. I would definitely drop Johnson now though, Hendrick or Bryson has to start - Warnock MOTM for me. 

I also thought that without Martial that Man Utd would have looked ridiculously average for all the money they've spent. The BBC commentators couldn't praise Rooney enough either, which I couldn't understand - his goal was pretty good, but after that he barely touched the ball (maybe he did something when the cameras were watching van gaal for 20 minutes)

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I thought it was distinctly similar to our game against Chelsea under McClaren....

1 minute ago, CumbrianRam said:

That's why we are a top 6 Champ club, not top 6 PL

I was inferring to stand off was wrong. To beat these big guns as is shown regularly in cup upsets is to get in the faces from the off. 

You either tire and get picked off gallantly or score and see it through on adrenaline and atmosphere. League position wasn't the point I was making.

Just now, RamNut said:

I could swear you used to slag off wardy.

I probably did last year when his level dropped quite dramatically.

I'm miffed at how we've gone backwards from May 2014 despite spending more money in transfer fees than a Borussia Dortmund side which won a League and Cup double in 2012.

Our recruitment team needs sacking immediately.

26 minutes ago, toddy said:

Blackman had the best chances and at least ran at utd defence, he should have stayed on and BJ should have come off for Bryson .

Again at least Bryson will attack and is capable of scoring, he needs the chance.

Camera and Russell were really poor out of their depth.

So the only change should have been Bryson on for Johnson? Is that it? Thought Blackman looked about as good as what Russell and Camara did.

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Go and do something else if we are so dislikeable. 

Get a ******* grip. 

1 minute ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

With practically  our only touch.......

You halfwit.

No name calling.

Especially when you're wrong. There's literally no sense to be drawn out of saying we had none of the ball. Statistically and with my own eyes I'm saying you're wrong. 

Did you think we'd boss the ball tonight? 

Some of you lot are jokers. 

You were asleep during the Clough period? Or you don't know what an average no hope of top 6 Champ side looks like.

You were certain McClaren was clueless. The guy only had a Plan A and if you stopped us passing then we were beaten (pretty sure that's the same for Barcelona? Why don't everyone just press them and win?). If we'd have played 3214gth8 and used Russell as an inside left back wing half then we'd have won. We need a manager with a plan A-Z. We need to learn how to defend.

At last Clement has a plan A-Z. We know how to defend. Wait a minute, this guy doesn't know how to attack. He's not using the 647htjver8 formation he should be using. And he keeps tinkering with the team. But he needs to drop him and sell him and bring him off the bench. We're not as entertaining as last year when I complained and whinged like a spoilt baby until McClaren was sacked. So I'm going to complain and whinge like a baby until Clement is sacked. I want exciting football and Dyche, famous for his entertaining football, is the man because he did what only Aidy Bothroyd, Ian Holloway, Owen Coyle and Neil Warnock and loads of others did before him and get an unfancied team promoted. 

I need PL football now. I need us to win the Championship so convincingly that surviving the PL is nailed on. I need us to be beating average midtable sides like Man United.

We have several players that would walk into that United side. 

We need to get Mourinho in now. 

I'm not going to watch us play Huddersfield next season. I can't.  I can't. PL football or nothing. 

And we're too many points behind now so we might as well give up.

I'm sick of the players and their negative attitude. They need to be positive like me. 

And Clement, standing there with his arms folded. He should be screaming obscenities at players. That always fired me up. I remember having a bad game and then someone call me a cnut and it was the boost I needed. 

Terrible result and a terrible season.

not impressed by camara so far, he kept losing the ball. Blackman looked better today but it was all a bit flat. Maybe the half and half fans didn't help. 

On 18 January 2016 at 12:00, trevor1946 said:

With all the players we got its great fun trying to pick a side,perhaps a team for each half

Disappointed by our lack of ambition in certain respects but the league is what counts now.

carson did ok

christie received a learning curve but I thought he did ok

warnock - steady at his main job of defending

keaoh and shackel - steady again

butterfield - did well 

thorne - good goal played well

johnson - sorry speed passenger we have better who are not playing

ince - rarely involved with control of the football

blackman - probably his best showing, we will see 

Martin, I thought he held the ball up well and brought others in to play, look what happens when someone goes past him, he finds him and we score.

Camara, not involved really, is it me or should he not be playing from the half way line

hendrick - why is he sub

russell - not involved really

Archived