One of the best days ever !!

loweman2

Graham Whitmore has just posted these pictures on Facebook he says feel free to share.

I remember this day as being one of the most memorable days being a derby fan, this was back in the big time, we had just smashed Plymouth 4-2 and we were back in the First Division !!

derby v portsmouth 8687.jpg

derby v plymouth 1 86 87.jpg

derby v plymouth 2 86 87.jpg

derby v plymouth 3 86 87.jpg

derby v plymouth 4 86 87.jpg

derby v plymouth 5 86 87.jpg

derby v plymouth 6 86 87.jpg

derby v plymouth 7 86 87.jpg

derby v plymouth 8 86 87.jpg

derby v plymouth 9 86 87.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best Season ever. I will never forgive my parents, they took us away on our first ever holiday abroad to Majorca and I missed the Plymouth game......so for me the Leeds were we won promotion was the day I remembered the most. 

Seriously, can you believe they arranged to go on holiday the day after the Leeds game...! I didn't find out that we had won the championship until the day after when I could buy the papers.! 

Great post, especially after all the doom and gloom merchants over the last few weeks. 

It was an incredible day to cap an amazing 3 years of supporting the Rams in Div 3 and Div 2. I'd been to every home game in that time and also away to Walsall, Donny, Lincoln, Grimsby, Shef Utd, Sunderland, Notts, West Brom, Wolves, Barnsley to name a few. And there were 1000s of us everywhere we went. 

Great days indeed. After the nervous promotion of 86 (cool as custard), this was a stylish promotion. Some cracking Graham Richards commentary and goals on the Internet worth looking for.

April - May 87: the takeover of Bramhall Lane, beating Leeds and finally get the trophy v Plymouth. 

For those who there v Plymouth, I'm sure you remember that we were actually losing 1-0 into the second half and then the news swept around the BBG that Portsmouth had let one in! The crowd settled down, the players heard it too, relaxed, stepped up a gear and scored 4. Thank you very much. Bobby and Cally in particular scoring absolute belters.

Well, that's me cheered up for the weekend.

14 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

The best Season ever. I will never forgive my parents, they took us away on our first ever holiday abroad to Majorca and I missed the Plymouth game......so for me the Leeds were we won promotion was the day I remembered the most. 

Seriously, can you believe they arranged to go on holiday the day after the Leeds game...! I didn't find out that we had won the championship until the day after when I could buy the papers.! 

I agree muespach it was the best season ever, it just kept building and building, gee and Davison formed a great partnership and the times that one of them would run from the half way line after a long ball and slot it past the keeper into the back of the net, the cry of oh bobby bobby or philip gee scoring goals for Derby would go up ! Also ee I ee I ee I o up the football league we go was christened that season along with Arthur give us a wave chanted from the Popside ! Great days !!

5 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Great post, especially after all the doom and gloom merchants over the last few weeks. 

It was an incredible day to cap an amazing 3 years of supporting the Rams in Div 3 and Div 2. I'd been to every home game in that time and also away to Walsall, Donny, Lincoln, Grimsby, Shef Utd, Sunderland, Notts, West Brom, Wolves, Barnsley to name a few. And there were 1000s of us everywhere we went. 

Great days indeed. After the nervous promotion of 86 (cool as custard), this was a stylish promotion. Some cracking Graham Richards commentary and goals on the Internet worth looking for.

April - May 87: the takeover of Bramhall Lane, beating Leeds and finally get the trophy v Plymouth. 

For those who there v Plymouth, I'm sure you remember that we were actually losing 1-0 into the second half and then the news swept around the BBG that Portsmouth had let one in! The crowd settled down, the players heard it too, relaxed, stepped up a gear and scored 4. Thank you very much. Bobby and Cally in particular scoring absolute belters.

Well, that's me cheered up for the weekend.

We had some brilliant days out and it was possibly my happiest time following the Rams on the road.

It was a golden era and coincided perfectly with me getting my first job & with it the money to go to lots of the away games on the 'Football Special' train

1985-86 Div 3 - promoted

1986-87 Div 2 - Champions

1987-88 Div 1 - consolidation

1988-89 Div 1 - 5th place

Under Arthur Cox, we won a hell of a lot of away games & I got to see most of them , happy days

48 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

It was a golden era and coincided perfectly with me getting my first job & with it the money to go to lots of the away games on the 'Football Special' train

1985-86 Div 3 - promoted

1986-87 Div 2 - Champions

1987-88 Div 1 - consolidation

1988-89 Div 1 - 5th place

Under Arthur Cox, we won a hell of a lot of away games & I got to see most of them , happy days

Once we'd signed Deano, we won everywhere. Man U, Spurs, Arsenal, Villa.

Except bloody forest. Still it was good watching Hebberd bang one in for the draw and the Bridgford Terrace was bouncing. That felt like we were back and then some. 

The good old days........great photos of supporters, supporting the mighty Derby County, we can all learn a lot from these photos, it's up to us to embrace and bond and just get out there and enjoy ourselves at the football, at the end of the day this is our one and only life and it's down to us all to create the cracking good days, weekends etc at the football.

We Are Derby, Super Derby, Super Rams.........

Archived