Deadwood

mozza

1 hour ago, mozza said:

Yes , i'm a joiner , and a good one at that , i'd be pretty pissed off if a 'lesser' joiner 

was brought in to replace me on a job i could do with my eyes closed .

Disclaimer :-  Closing one's eyes whilst using sharp tools , is not advisable.. 

Mossy!

stop blowing that smoke! It's making my eyes water.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the things under the Nigel regime was the need to bring in the right payer as at that time you got the one try. Clement is cursed by riches.in all serious though, time to move those who don't fit his plans or are not good enough. If some players are not happy, for the overall good cash in. Under Nigel there was an all in it together, under Mac it was set the players free, some of them don't wanna be back under orders time to go.

when @curtains was rallying for signings in August, my POV was that the coach should be doing his best in improving/gelling/coaching the then current crop of players. We then went out and bought Johnson and Butterfield, which on the whole have proven to be decent signings, however, I still feel that at some point the coaching staff need to work their magic.

I said the same under the previous 3/4 managers.

So yeah, stop signing players that won't actually improve us.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

when @curtains was rallying for signings in August, my POV was that the coach should be doing his best in improving/gelling/coaching the then current crop of players. We then went out and bought Johnson and Butterfield, which on the whole have proven to be decent signings, however, I still feel that at some point the coaching staff need to work their magic.

...or just  keep signing any Tom , Dick or Harry and sack the coaches ..

44 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

So are you denouncing Camara and Blackman already. 

11 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

no. Where did I do that?

What I am saying is that they were perhaps not needed.

So Blackmam and Camara will improve us then in your eyes as have Johnson and Butterfield .

Who are the players who won't improve us if we sign them.      

Is Olsson one of them because I think we need a LB 

PS Haven't Clough and McClaren left us with some players we don't need  like Sammon and Albentosa 

Looking back, all we needed in the summer was an upgrade on Grant, a commanding centre back, cover for Thorne, maybe a new winger and cover for Martin. Once Hughes was injured we needed a link player in midfield as well. 

Carson, Shackell and Ince, all good, fit what we needed. Pleased with Butterfield too although I think it was a bit of a panic buy. 

And then we decided to overhaul the rest of the squad as well. Getting rid of Ward to buy Weimann? They're the same player but one cost £2.5m more. Pearce has been loaned out. Baird doesn't get a look in even when Thorne is injured. Eustace was better. Johnson doesn't do anything Hanson or Hendrick couldn't do, signed on reputation alone. Bent doesn't really fit in but he proved himself last season, so I don't mind that one, but he isn't cover for Martin at all and everyone knew that. Apart from our recruitment team.

And then instead of learning from this and sorting ourselves out in January, we did it again. Blackman, another player that doesn't know his position. Not as good as Ince on the wing or Martin upfront. And signed for £2.5m with 6 months left on his contract. Panic. No idea what Camara will be like but I don't think it was needed. Russell was out of form but sort that out, don't just buy a player instead. That's not management. 

Whoever is responsible for our signings needs to be looked at. It stinks of panicking. They've left us with a bloated squad where the promising youngsters have no access to the first team. Where does Hanson fit in now? Zanzala? Guy? Vernam?

9 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Looking back, all we needed in the summer was an upgrade on Grant, a commanding centre back, cover for Thorne, maybe a new winger and cover for Martin. Once Hughes was injured we needed a link player in midfield as well. 

Carson, Shackell and Ince, all good, fit what we needed. Pleased with Butterfield too although I think it was a bit of a panic buy. 

And then we decided to overhaul the rest of the squad as well. Getting rid of Ward to buy Weimann? They're the same player but one cost £2.5m more. Pearce has been loaned out. Baird doesn't get a look in even when Thorne is injured. Eustace was better. Johnson doesn't do anything Hanson or Hendrick couldn't do, signed on reputation alone. Bent doesn't really fit in but he proved himself last season, so I don't mind that one, but he isn't cover for Martin at all and everyone knew that. Apart from our recruitment team.

And then instead of learning from this and sorting ourselves out in January, we did it again. Blackman, another player that doesn't know his position. Not as good as Ince on the wing or Martin upfront. And signed for £2.5m with 6 months left on his contract. Panic. No idea what Camara will be like but I don't think it was needed. Russell was out of form but sort that out, don't just buy a player instead. That's not management. 

Whoever is responsible for our signings needs to be looked at. It stinks of panicking. They've left us with a bloated squad where the promising youngsters have no access to the first team. Where does Hanson fit in now? Zanzala? Guy? Vernam?

This post is outrageous and the Thread is outrageous 

Ward was always injured at Derby and Eustace was too old  

34 minutes ago, mozza said:

Thank for your input , maybe we could look at Harry Stiles ?

Other two a tad old , methinks..

@curtains

Mozza  you are pulling Derby County down with this stuff. 

I mean deadwood that's an insult right. 

Get behind the team for goodness sake. 

Glad you put your tin hat on 

18 minutes ago, curtains said:

This post is outrageous and the Thread is outrageous 

Ward was always injured at Derby and Eustace was too old  

Ward played 125 games in four seasons at Derby. Not great but not terrible. He's a better winger than Weimann, mainly because Weimann isn't a winger. Obviously that's not his fault but it makes him a poor signing.

And who has been signed as Eustace's replacement as Thorne cover? If it's Baird, then what good is that? He doesn't get a look in when Thorne is injured. If it's not Baird, then who is it?

12 hours ago, RamNut said:

Hang on

isn't mozza a joiner?

The last bloke i'd have expected to be worried about dead wood.

It is plane to see that he is barking up the wrong tree and needs to be in a mahoganyous relationship. Yew see what I mean? He may simply be sycamore negative posts. :D

6 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Ward played 125 games in four seasons at Derby. Not great but not terrible. He's a better winger than Weimann, mainly because Weimann isn't a winger. Obviously that's not his fault but it makes him a poor signing.

And who has been signed as Eustace's replacement as Thorne cover? If it's Baird, then what good is that? He doesn't get a look in when Thorne is injured. If it's not Baird, then who is it?

Derby have to work for the present and future as all football clubs do. 

Ward went because McClaren let him go .

Thornes replacement is Baird I assume or Hanson who is still learning the game .

Thorne is working to full fitness and doing very well for us at the moment  

You can't throw all the youngsters in at once as they are developing in the academy for the future. 

Baird and Hanson aren't being used there though. We still haven't got proper cover for him.

I've never said we should throw them in, just that if one was good enough there's no path there for them. If Hughes was a 16 year old now, do you see him getting in anywhere? 

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I would say that in certain cases the coaches have done a great job. Keogh as an example has gone from a headstrong liability to probably our best defender. I would say that since the head coach arrived the signings of Butterfield and Johnson were necessary as was Blackman. Camara has given us something we didn't have before.

Archived