Deadwood

mozza

is anyone else concerned we are getting linked/signing virtually every player

that comes on the market ? It seems to be unsettling the side and could jeopardise 

our chances of promotion , not to mention the wage bill . We need to stop buying average

Championship players , and work with what we have , offloading a few who are not up to the

standard we expect .

We all have opinions on who would be the nucleus of the team , we should build around them ,

only looking at players that will improve that standard , i'd sooner we signed one Premiership proven 

player , than three players who are no better than we already have . 

s-l225.jpg 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it matters what division they're from if they don't suit the style of play/formation. For all those appearences and goals that Bent and Weimann have between them, in the PL, they just aren't going to show us their ability when they are played either out of position or isolated for 90 minutes. 

I'm sure the club have tried to sign "proven" PL players but these come at a cost and from reading certain forums, papers and websites it sounds as if we're not prepared to meet some of the high end wages that these players would demand.  

1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I don't think it matters what division they're from if they don't suit the style of play/formation. For all those appearences and goals that Bent and Weimann have between them, in the PL, they just aren't going to show us their ability when they are played either out of position or isolated for 90 minutes. 

I'm sure the club have tried to sign "proven" PL players but these come at a cost and from reading certain forums, papers and websites it sounds as if we're not prepared to meet some of the high end wages that these players would demand.  

That's my point , really , we are signing 3 average players on reasonable wages , where as this 

money could be pooled to sign one exceptional player on greater wages , even tho that could result in 

unrest , which seems to be the case now , anyway..

Is there not some thought going into the plans for next season? By this, I mean of course the main aim is to push for top 3 this season, but if we fall short perhaps Mel and Clement are looking at what the first XI might look like next season, with the aim of shifting a few on in the close season? Of course, this plan could be the same if we got promoted as many players would need to be shifted, but perhaps the Camara, Blackman/Martin, Olsson etc are with an eye on what might be put together once Clement has cut his teeth, so to speak.

A derivation of this team would storm the league next year:

Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Forsyth/Olsson

Thorne Hughes/Bryson Butterfield 

Ince Martin/Blackman Camara (once settled)

Outs:

Shotton

Weimann

Warnock

Pearce/Buxton 

Bent 

Or similar...

Stop buying players.

Not getting the best out of some of the ones we have.

And buy ones that fit ffs.

All we had to do was upgrade last season's team. 

Not buy 3 strikers that can't play in our system. 

£20m and still struggle to fill in for Thorne.

Meanwhile Boro buy players that fit their system. Quality players. Not "pace,  pace and pace" 

Bloody pace. fook off. Try putting pace on the ball ffs.

A 10 yard pass takes 10 minutes to reach a bloke that will take 20 touches and we wonder why we aren't creative and rely on individual brilliance!

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

My only concern over the size of the squad is that it seems to have stopped the youngsters getting any chance of breaking into the squad.

5 players in 5 years I believe was the planned production line. 

Not looking likely

6 hours ago, RamNut said:

Hang on

isn't mozza a joiner?

The last bloke i'd have expected to be worried about dead wood.

Yes , i'm a joiner , and a good one at that , i'd be pretty pissed off if a 'lesser' joiner 

was brought in to replace me on a job i could do with my eyes closed .

Disclaimer :-  Closing one's eyes whilst using sharp tools , is not advisable.. 

Archived