" When Derby were good we had... Hair"

StockholmRam

Upstairs room in the Baseball Hotel - yeah, and the two kids running around making a nuisance of themselves are mine.

Oh wait - we were crap then.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

A presentation of the cup at the council house in Derby. 

Wooden rattles. Anybody remember them? Used to be able to twirl them round at the match and nobody said they were offensive weapons or moaned about the noise (like the vuvuzelas) 

Don't Leicester use these now? Seems a bit tinpot nowadays.

2 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

A presentation of the cup at the council house in Derby. 

Wooden rattles. Anybody remember them? Used to be able to twirl them round at the match and nobody said they were offensive weapons or moaned about the noise (like the vuvuzelas) 

The best rattles were the ones from the Army Surplus Stores - I think they were WWII gas rattles and absolutely brilliant - weighed about 3 pounds too.

This is the best Derby have been in my memory, I was alive for all of the 90s but I don't think I went to any games until the mid 00's. Parents couldn't take me. Just watched live football (so England games and tournament finals etc.) on terrestrial TV and heard about it from mates at school. Went for tours of the stadium when I was young for friend's birthday's (maybe one or two were mine I don't recall) and I'm pretty sure we were in the Prem still, but yeah. This is the best I can remember us being, that's why you don't see me post a lot of negativity on here. 

31 minutes ago, curtains said:

Funny reminder of the BBG for me that video. The only things left standing are the floodlights, that's actually all I can remember of it. Me dad started taking me aged 5 until it was knocked down 2 years later, all I remember is seeing the big old floodlights when walking towards the ground and getting little goosebumps at the excitement.

4 hours ago, Rampage said:

I am from Carlisle and watched them go up the divisions. Chris Balderstone, Hugh Mcylmoyle, Willie Carlin. Alan Ashman was manager.Great period in Carlisle's history.

Willie carlin is grrrrrrrreeeaatttt.

frosties? 

Are they still going?

Great Thread:

Ken Oxfords KO's

Reg Matthews cap

Willie Carlins warm up

Temporary smoke & sulphur blindness on the pop side from leys chimneys

Hippo club, Rialto, Locarno.

Rosettes

Proper Bass from the Vine Whittaker St

The steam in the bbg bogs