The Lottery

MuespachRam

As the lottery over here has rolled over again this weekend and now stands to be around 1.4 BILLION on Wednesday night (when I win it I am buying into the Supers and maybe renaming the West Stand the Muespach Stand) anyway, it got me wondering, has anyone on here ever won a decent amount, or knows someone that has won on the lottery. Only entry over 5000 Pounds count, who has won the most.?

I have never won anything really, but when I worked at Toyota at Burnaston the office I worked in, before I moved in there their syndicate won a few hundred thousand and there was a photo of them all on the wall with the giant cheque, made me sick every time I saw it..

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A guy I graduated from college with and a good friend won $250k a few years ago.Needless to say,I let him buy the rounds for a time after.:D.

Yeah powerball here in the States will be over a billiion as Muespach says.I usually buy a few tickets.Closest I have got is first 2 numbers right on a ticket or just the powerball right a couple times.

10 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

As the lottery over here has rolled over again this weekend and now stands to be around 1.4 BILLION on Wednesday night (when I win it I am buying into the Supers and maybe renaming the West Stand the Muespach Stand) anyway, it got me wondering, has anyone on here ever won a decent amount, or knows someone that has won on the lottery. Only entry over 5000 Pounds count, who has won the most.?

I have never won anything really, but when I worked at Toyota at Burnaston the office I worked in, before I moved in there their syndicate won a few hundred thousand and there was a photo of them all on the wall with the giant cheque, made me sick every time I saw it..

Don't the US lotteries offer you a much reduced sum to get it all at once or the full amount spread over a lot of years?

2 hours ago, bcnram said:

Don't the US lotteries offer you a much reduced sum to get it all at once or the full amount spread over a lot of years?

Just read a news article on it, $800mil after taxes. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/powerball-jackpot-rolls-over-to-world-record-13-billion-lottery-rollover-a6804671.html Fairly sure you can play it online from UK, worth a few lucky dips!

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

Just read a news article on it, $800mil after taxes. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/powerball-jackpot-rolls-over-to-world-record-13-billion-lottery-rollover-a6804671.html Fairly sure you can play it online from UK, worth a few lucky dips!

" The Powerball lottery can be played in 44 of the US’s 50 states and three US territories. "

I know a bloke who won a million quid on a scratch card.

It was amazing really as he was flat broke and homeless having just recently burned down his own house for the insurance but accidentally nearly torched his wife who was (unbeknownst to him) asleep upstairs. He didn’t even get the payout because his wife’s nan had stashed a load of knock-off hairspray in the hallway.

He got away with it though and I thought he was the luckiest man alive but he’s recently been diagnosed with a brain tumour. Money can’t buy you happiness eh?

Back when scratchcards first came out & there was only one sort available, I bought one from our village petrol station & didn't win anything. The bloke immediately behind me in the queue bought one and won £25k.

Only bright side is that I'd already left the shop & didn't have to witness him scratching it off. I used to know the petrol station owner & he told me that night in the pub.

7 hours ago, StivePesley said:

I know a bloke who won a million quid on a scratch card.

It was amazing really as he was flat broke and homeless having just recently burned down his own house for the insurance but accidentally nearly torched his wife who was (unbeknownst to him) asleep upstairs. He didn’t even get the payout because his wife’s nan had stashed a load of knock-off hairspray in the hallway.

He got away with it though and I thought he was the luckiest man alive but he’s recently been diagnosed with a brain tumour. Money can’t buy you happiness eh?

They sound like a lovely bunch too. 

6 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Back when scratchcards first came out & there was only one sort available, I bought one from our village petrol station & didn't win anything. The bloke immediately behind me in the queue bought one and won £25k.

Only bright side is that I'd already left the shop & didn't have to witness him scratching it off. I used to know the petrol station owner & he told me that night in the pub.

Serves you right for being a tight arse, you should always buy at least 2.  ?

Archived