todays attendence

shannonjade

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes quite annoying considering I had to put with Craig Ramage and Ed Dawes as a result of not being able to get a ticket.

Would have been a class away day as well.

Oh well, we'll see what the next round holds. Hoping for West Ham away for one last trip to the Boleyn Ground.

7 hours ago, shannonjade said:

nearly 4000 short of capacity thousands more rams could have gone

was actually just short of 3000 short of capacity. Id love to know where another 3000 would of fitted in our ground. I take the attendances at our ground with a pinch of salt. Didn't they say you only brought 950? So around 100 never turned up. Yeah right.

9 hours ago, billinghampoolie said:

was actually just short of 3000 short of capacity. Id love to know where another 3000 would of fitted in our ground. I take the attendances at our ground with a pinch of salt. Didn't they say you only brought 950? So around 100 never turned up. Yeah right.

We had a similar thing happening at the Baseball ground years ago. I worked on the turnstiles for 1 season in the 80's and we used to make a note of the number on the counter before we started and when we finished and take the number into the office and they used to write it on a board on the wall, that number had always gone down when we came into the office before the next game!

9 hours ago, billinghampoolie said:

Any comments on relative strengths of Boro and Derby County, Bili.......ie?

erm well can i start by saying I hate them with a passion almost more than darlo. I live few miles from the place and they have a little bit of arrogance about them since they moved from their old ground. Its hard to say going on yesterday because I think that team you put out yesterday was there for the taking but what I've seen of yourselves on tv you look a very good team with a manager who seems to know what he is doing. I will be honest though and thought boro would walk your league and I've seen nothing to suggest so far that they wont end up winning it unfortunately. Its the best team they have had for years. But boro being boro do tend to blow things and I think if you can hang in with them till the end of march you may pip them to the league. Its blatantly obvious to me your probobly the two best teams in the league on your day. I do worry that you may not quite be able to grind the away results out like last week at boro maybe wrong though. I hope you beat them anyway two of the best atmospheres in the cup have been against your club back in 84 one of my first games and yesterday. For some reason it feels like a proper cup tie against yourselves unlike some other teams we have played in recent years. Think their is a little bit of previous with yourselves and adds to the spice I guess. It might be another 20 years before we play you again but so be it we will keep fighting on with our 4000 hardcore. Two proper clubs just one a lot bigger than the other.

1 hour ago, billinghampoolie said:

yes what brian clough did for us was quite incredible. Some brilliant stories of the man from the older fans. Unfortunately the press only really mentioned his time at Forrest.

Of course, one thing that joins us uniquely is that John McGovern was - and probably still is - the youngest player to appear in all four divisions of the football league.

On 10 January 2016 at 13:35, billinghampoolie said:

erm well can i start by saying I hate them with a passion almost more than darlo. I live few miles from the place and they have a little bit of arrogance about them since they moved from their old ground. Its hard to say going on yesterday because I think that team you put out yesterday was there for the taking but what I've seen of yourselves on tv you look a very good team with a manager who seems to know what he is doing. I will be honest though and thought boro would walk your league and I've seen nothing to suggest so far that they wont end up winning it unfortunately. Its the best team they have had for years. But boro being boro do tend to blow things and I think if you can hang in with them till the end of march you may pip them to the league. Its blatantly obvious to me your probobly the two best teams in the league on your day. I do worry that you may not quite be able to grind the away results out like last week at boro maybe wrong though. I hope you beat them anyway two of the best atmospheres in the cup have been against your club back in 84 one of my first games and yesterday. For some reason it feels like a proper cup tie against yourselves unlike some other teams we have played in recent years. Think their is a little bit of previous with yourselves and adds to the spice I guess. It might be another 20 years before we play you again but so be it we will keep fighting on with our 4000 hardcore. Two proper clubs just one a lot bigger than the other.

Enjoyed the day immensely mate, I love going round the grounds, whether it's Man City or non-league, they're all unique.

you nearly did us last week, you were unlucky.

good luck for the rest of the season and beyond.

Archived