Is it safe to come back on here yet?

ossieram

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's safe to come back to social media if you man up. 

Ffs a bit of piss taking is nothing, we can all dish it out, and loads of it too. 

Our fans being plain stupid and over reacting is to be treated like you'd treat 3 year olds. Ignore until they can be eloquent, reasonable and use appropriate language.

edited to add: post above being a case in point. How timely

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

just gonna leave this here. 

I blocked him. He's the 1 claimed Carlos Ancelotti was in the pub day before Ipswich away with Paul Clement but no proof at all. Lol. 

1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

It's safe to come back to social media if you man up. 

Ffs a bit of piss taking is nothing, we can all dish it out, and loads of it too. 

Our fans being plain stupid and over reacting is to be treated like you'd treat 3 year olds. Ignore until they can be eloquent, reasonable and use appropriate language.

edited to add: post above being a case in point. How timely

I've got no problem with piss taking, given loads out and have no problem taking some back. My problem is with people that should know better, not 15 year olds that have the I want it now mentality.

I've been watching Derby since the late 60's and know just how bad times can get and we are no where near the bad times, yet people of my own age group are moaning and whining more now than they did when we had Docherty in charge.

7 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I've got no problem with piss taking, given loads out and have no problem taking some back. My problem is with people that should know better, not 15 year olds that have the I want it now mentality.

I've been watching Derby since the late 60's and know just how bad times can get and we are no where near the bad times, yet people of my own age group are moaning and whining more now than they did when we had Docherty in charge.

Probably only Forest fans having a nice WUM moment, after all they had one taste of it earlier in the season, don't deprive them of their moment of joy. 

2 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Probably only Forest fans having a nice WUM moment, after all they had one taste of it earlier in the season, don't deprive them of their moment of joy. 

I've only got one treetard on my facebook and that's a bloke I used to work with, It was Derby fans who should know better.

3 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I've only got one treetard on my facebook and that's a bloke I used to work with, It was Derby fans who should know better.

Blimey. They obviously must have been in a tardis between 2008-13, if they think Clement needs to go.

I've only ever blocked one on Twitter and he was so plainly ridiculous that I got sick of seeing people argue with him. 

I've followed Derby through amazing success and through near obscurity. Those who are younger don't appreciate that where we are now is up there with the best of times. The club is in safe hands (I feel) and meltdown is not necessary. 

3 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Yeah of course, I don't expect to smash teams every week but for a 20m outlay I won't lie I expected a bit more, not in terms of points obviously but in style of play. Totally happy with the points tally, just concerned with some elements of our play. People on twitter and facebook going OTT are muppets, wonder what they were saying during the Clough years?

I'm in your camp Toms.

I want to see progress. In any sense. The boro match was helpful as a comparator to checkpoint our progress. 

What I understood the outcome to be was....

- not really going toe to toe 

- gallant defensive action with not much else going on further forward 

- ultimately the same outcome as a result. 

So I confess that by reference to my own definition I am disappointed with the apparent lack of "progress".

5 hours ago, ossieram said:

I have Seen Derby fans calling for Clement to be sacked, are they looking at the bigger picture?

I am just zooming in to get the bigger picture! We now can realistically expect Boro to press on and win the Division. Second place is up for grabs and we need to fend off Hull City. If Boro slump, then fine, but it is unlikely to happen.Any advantage that we can get must be made good use of if we are to succeed.

I have said for ages that we should sign Demarai Gray. We will see how he goes. If he is the real article, he will soon be worth three times the fee that was paid. COYR

6 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I am just zooming in to get the bigger picture! We now can realistically expect Boro to press on and win the Division. Second place is up for grabs and we need to fend off Hull City. If Boro slump, then fine, but it is unlikely to happen.Any advantage that we can get must be made good use of if we are to succeed.

I have said for ages that we should sign Demarai Gray. We will see how he goes. If he is the real article, he will soon be worth three times the fee that was paid. COYR

Don't you get the smaller picture by zooming in?

Very well said OR

I'm actually not sure that this is wholly a football thing or is as much a product of our "I want it and I want it now /what can I complain about next/ who's fault is it and who can we blame" society that we seem to live in today when things don't work out perfectly.

Personally I have never been on social media (I'm guessing from your comment about starting watching Rams in the sixties that we are of a similar age). The more I see and hear about it the more I'm happy with this.

35 minutes ago, ValeRam said:

Very well said OR

I'm actually not sure that this is wholly a football thing or is as much a product of our "I want it and I want it now /what can I complain about next/ who's fault is it and who can we blame" society that we seem to live in today when things don't work out perfectly.

Personally I have never been on social media (I'm guessing from your comment about starting watching Rams in the sixties that we are of a similar age). The more I see and hear about it the more I'm happy with this.

Am I entitled to say that I don't think there's any entitlement culture? 

Seriously there is sooo much data nowadays with multiple angle slo-mos and opta stats that there is less room for opinion/blind bigotry. Must be much more depressing for the players.

I don't do social media either. In fact if someone could devise an anti social media I'd probably sign up. 

Archived