The Fawaz Circus 2016

6 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Not that one, the one where the referee showed no ounce of common sense, the player had a big part in a late leveller, then ran to his fans to celebrate. 

He'd finished celebrating by the time Lansbury (btw wtf is that thing on his head?) got there, so it wasn't holding play up.

Take the passion and excitement out of football and what's the point?

Well done this man for having the ability to look at things objectively. Very rare on here 

they just want robots playing with people sitting on their hands in the stand. Then they ll be happy

technically it was a yellow card but it was something the ref didn't need to get involved in

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, stoners said:

Well done this man for having the ability to look at things objectively. Very rare on here 

they just want robots playing with people sitting on their hands in the stand. Then they ll be happy

technically it was a yellow card but it was something the ref didn't need to get involved in

Ah, but if it was technically a yellow card, and you know that, and I know that, then really the player should know that and he shouldn't have forced the ref's hand. 

What was the players thought process, 'I'll get a yellow card for this, and sent off, but if the ref has any common sense, he won't send me off for this. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what'll happen, so I'll crack on.'?

or was it, 'duh! I'm a stupid forest player. Duh!!!'?

5 hours ago, eezzeetiger said:

Shooting from the half way line, is tricky though.

Win at Home

Draw Away

Mind the Gap

Forest are scoring goals and derby are not... but how lucky were Forest today?

3 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Not that one, the one where the referee showed no ounce of common sense, the player had a big part in a late leveller, then ran to his fans to celebrate. 

He'd finished celebrating by the time Lansbury (btw wtf is that thing on his head?) got there, so it wasn't holding play up.

Take the passion and excitement out of football and what's the point?

The rules are rules, whether you agree with them or not. Players know the rules and fans have no right of complaint when they are applied. 

Did the forest player do any of these acts that MUST be yellow carded - the referee has no choice

CELEBRATION OF A GOAL

Players can celebrate when a goal is scored, but the celebration must not be excessive; choreographed celebrations are not encouraged and must not cause excessive time-wasting.

Leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is not a cautionable offence but players should return as soon as possible.

A player must be cautioned for:

climbing onto a perimeter fence

gesturing in a provocative, derisory or inflammatory way

covering the head or face with a mask or other similar item

removing the shirt or covering the head with the shirt

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct.aspx#YgTJSXLlcl1drvtV.99 

21 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Not even the inflammatory gesture? His actions were inflammatory as they provoked the fans to spill forward and some went over the perimeter fence which they wouldn't have had not run over to them.

I see it like this.

Would there have been an outcry by anyone, anywhere if he hadn't booked the player?

No.

He didn't climb the perimeter fence, and if it's inflammatory to run towards your own supporters after a goal then I give up, it's a perfectly natural way to celebrate.

20 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I see it like this.

Would there have been an outcry by anyone, anywhere if he hadn't booked the player?

No.

He didn't climb the perimeter fence, and if it's inflammatory to run towards your own supporters after a goal then I give up, it's a perfectly natural way to celebrate.

Not to run right up to the hoardings and into the crowd. Whenever it happens the player get books. 

I hate the attitude that if a player on s yellow card does something soft then he shouldn't get a second one. They should know better.

On 07/09/2016 at 13:49, Red_Dawn said:

Apparently its 25k.. And we're still up from Dex leaving and the sale of Veldwijk

Plenty of money for the Peter Taylor stand toilets to have a lick of paint

A player so memorable that the vandalism on his wikipedia page is still unchanged

I've seen players sent off for it before. Guy Moussi got a red afetr jumping into the crowd following a 95th minute winner a few years back. Against Barnsley I think.

I guess crowd safety is more important than excitement for the FA. It sucks, but I can see why they have the rule.

Berto will learn from this, he's already changing his game to fit the league, cutting out some of the stuff he'd get away with in Portugal. 

14 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I've seen players sent off for it before. Guy Moussi got a red afetr jumping into the crowd following a 95th minute winner a few years back. Against Barnsley I think.

I guess crowd safety is more important than excitement for the FA. It sucks, but I can see why they have the rule.

Berto will learn from this, he's already changing his game to fit the league, cutting out some of the stuff he'd get away with in Portugal. 

Pfft - they should get some of us refs from the Hampshire FA.

Cards don't come out until some teeth do.:thumbsup:

Archived