Paul Clement - A touch of class

robglosta

"With 20 minutes to go I made, you could argue, a quite bold change with an attempt to create a good chance and it didn't work. Soon after that they scored and they scored again and it's game over. I have to take full responsibility for that. 

"We didn't play as well as we can but Middlesbrough deserved to win. I'm holding my hands up for making an attacking change."

Paul will learn a lot from this game, but it's great to see that he holds his hands up instantly rather than trying to gloss over a tactical error like many other managers might.  

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He tried to win the game. Rather lose trying to win than draw trying to draw. 

No need for him to apologise imo. 

We only lost a game. Bet we get another chance to go top. Maybe only one chance but in the next 20+ matches I think somebody will get a chance. 

If not then so be it. Playing your best and losing isn't anything to be ashamed of

Just now, EastHertsRam said:

To borrow a phrase from Eddie, PC's well in credit at the moment, he tried something, it didn't come off, he held his hands up, we move on.

I'm 100% certain he won't make the same mistake twice.

He made it at Forest 

Interesting that in his interview, Russell also acknowledged personal errors which he felt contributed to their second. Clement is clearly leading by example. Whilst we don't want everyone nailing themselves to the cross for every little mistake, it is refreshing to hear there's a culture of accountability (distinctly different from blame) within the dressing room.

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

He made it at Forest 

Hasn't seemed to have made it in 22 league games this season.... I will have Haddock this time please

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Hasn't seemed to have made it in 22 league games this season.... I will have Haddock this time please

M8 at the end of the day it's about a top 2 finish as the playoffs are a lottery. .

Hull and Boro are favorites for Top 2 IMO  

Clement can't afford many mistakes in this league  

Just now, curtains said:

M8 at the end of the day it's about a top 2 finish as the playoffs are a lottery. .

I think you're wrong IMO

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

And why's that? What have Hull done to suggest they are better than us this season?

Just enough to stay 1 point behind us with Dawson injured but coming back. 

They have better strikers 

They are essentially a better bet than us for top 2 but the game at the IPRO will be vital. 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

I appreciate this is your opinion and that, but why are they?

Of course Boro are, but why Hull? We've more points and a bigger GD. We can strengthen in January just as well as they can. They've not looked great, so you cannot argue that we've played poor so will miss out.

They've been bloody lucky with last minute goals recently. If the Reading and QPR games stay 1-1 it's suddenly a 5 point gap. They may take over us in the next few weeks due to the fixtures both clubs have, but I'd consider us favourites to go up ahead of them.

Archived