Dwight Gayle

Bris Vegas

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6524746/SunSports-daily-football-round-up.html 

CRYSTAL PALACE hotshot Dwight Gayle is wanted on loan by Derby County.

Gayle is out of favour with Eagles manager Alan Pardew and Rams boss Paul Clement would love to take him to the iPro.

Derby are willing to pay £35,000-a-week for Gayle as they seek a top-class finisher.

Clement is still in the hunt for Charlie Austin but the QPR star does not seem interested.

Gayle, 25, does not want to drop out of the Premier League, but a loan move might appeal to him.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

He's played this season... I don't really get the hype though, not a bad player but he's not really a prolific scorer. There are better strikers in the Championship in my opinion.

Looked very prolific in a poor Peterborough side. Scored a absolute beauty of a chip against us at PP only for it to be ruled out. If you can score goals in a poor side, in our side, he'll get loads.

56 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Looked very prolific in a poor Peterborough side. Scored a absolute beauty of a chip against us at PP only for it to be ruled out. If you can score goals in a poor side, in our side, he'll get loads.

IMO this is just a myth. Especially with strikers it's all about how he fits to tactics. Couple examples with Vardy and Martin. Martin would struggle in team where everyone should drop down to defend and counter. The way we counterattack suits him well, but if he needed t drop more, he would be more or less useless. Personally I can't see Vardy doing well for possession based bigger teams. There's a reason why City, Pool, Chelsea, us etc prefer powerful strikers, who plays with back towards the goal.

By the way, didn't Palace pay a lot to get Gayle? 6 millions or something like that?

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

He's played this season... I don't really get the hype though, not a bad player but he's not really a prolific scorer. There are better strikers in the Championship in my opinion.

Yeah I read it wrong he has played for Palace 55 times since 2013 scoring 12 goals.

Palace where going to sell him last August to Bristol City, but City pulled out.

He still is NOT worth £35,000 a week.

PS

Bristol City can not pay anyone £35.000 a week

We want Austin for £35,000 a week

Gayle would be a very good signing, for me. 

In terms of goals to minutes, he's managed roughly one goal every two games at every level.

I don't know whether he is exactly what we need, but I'd back him to bag him a good rate between January and the end of the season. 

We need another striker in case Martin gets an injury. it would look stupid if we repeated last year's mistake. If Martin was out for four games we could be in trouble. We are going to have keep winning games relentlessly to keep our rivals at bay. 90 points may leave a team in third place this year.

If he thinks that he is just going to breeze into the team, he is only partially dwight.

Boro have some very strong players and we need to match that. Remember when Leicester overpowered us a couple of seasons ago. We need to be just a bit more powerful at times.

Archived