Very sad day today

Ovis aries

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dead industry.... And the richest people around were all the miners.

i knew loads of them back in the day, they were all on massive wages, all got massive pay offs, all did next to no work when they were down the pit and all threw away their redundancy on beer and holidays to Mallorca. 

26 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Dead industry.... And the richest people around were all the miners.

i knew loads of them back in the day, they were all on massive wages, all got massive pay offs, all did next to no work when they were down the pit and all threw away their redundancy on beer and holidays to Mallorca. 

Its a sad day but not as sad as you:p

If you envied them why did you not join them, maybe you where the bone idle one ?

Coal isn't very green (in fact it's black). Is it more cost effective to import coal? Is it a dangerous job? There must be a cost v benefit analysis done on this. Who pays for the pits now they're all closed? Who pays for all the subsidence claims? Who pays for all the compensation claims? 

Me and you.

Anyway they can all get jobs fracking now.

40 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Coal isn't very green (in fact it's black). Is it more cost effective to import coal? Is it a dangerous job? There must be a cost v benefit analysis done on this. Who pays for the pits now they're all closed? Who pays for all the subsidence claims? Who pays for all the compensation claims? 

Me and you.

China probably owns them... Pretty much own everything else over here...

Watching the news last night it looked like a great job,at least in terms of getting to work.

800m down in a lift, 5 miles on a underground train, then another 2 miles lying on a conveyor belt beats sitting in rush hour traffic every day.

I did wonder what happens if they need a dump, but then figured they're probably dirty Leeds fans, so just do it in each others lunch boxes.

On the bright side, they've been offered jobs at Plusnets internet call centre, so if you're sick of contacting your broadband helpline only to be met with a wilfully unhelpful operative, with a broad unintelligible accent you can't understand, you know where to go.

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

Me and you.

Complete load of ******** again from someone talking out of their a***, government have "stolen" billions of pounds from the mineworkers pension scheme that you have probably benefited from in some way.

36 minutes ago, Ovis aries said:

Complete load of ******** again from someone talking out of their a***, government have "stolen" billions of pounds from the mineworkers pension scheme that you have probably benefited from in some way.

Yeah but I bet they're still providing ex miner's with coal for life. I bet they're importing it for them now. How much money do you think the government spend on treating contaminated water from old mines? How many subsidence claims do they have to honour? How many industrial injury claims do they get? 

Would you want your kids to work down a coal mine or would you want them to seek another profession? 

31 minutes ago, Gritters said:

!Yeah but I bet they're still providing ex miner's with coal for life. I bet they're importing it for them now. How much money do you think the government spend on treating contaminated water from old mines? How many subsidence claims do they have to honour? How many industrial injury claims do they get? 

Would you want your kids to work down a coal mine or would you want them to seek another profession? 

1   No mate I get allowance for my gas no ****** has coal fires anymore and very few solid fuel central heating.

2   Made a few thousand from white finger .

3   Would you go down or sit on your arse fishing if it was all there was

1 minute ago, Ovis aries said:

1   No mate I get allowance for my gas no ****** has coal fires anymore and very few solid fuel central heating.

2   Made a few thousand from white finger .

3   Would you go down or sit on your arse fishing if it was all there was

1. So they're honouring the pensions.

2. I think everyone claimed for white finger. There are far more industrial injuries that have been claimed for. Mostly breathing problems you don't mention black lung.

3. I'd find another job. Probably apply myself to the job and work my way up.

Archived