Clement and Carson up for monthly awards

admira

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

George 'Mr Ipswich' Burley and Don 'I hate Derby' Goodman on the panel - our boys didn't stand a chance......

It was chaired by super rams

4 hours ago, Spanish said:

Ipswich Town boss Mick McCarthy has been named the Sky Bet Championship Manager of the Month for November.

Never one to panic, McCarthy’s calmness under pressure and belief in his players allowed them to flourish in November and pick up 10 points from a maximum 12, which included three-goal wins at Rotherham United and Charlton Athletic. 

George Burley, who chairs the Sky Bet Manager of the Month judging panel, said: “After a tough October, Mick at my beloved Ipswich found the right blend in his squad winning three games and drawing one during November. Don Goodman  added: " I ****ing hate Derby".

Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/mick-mccarthy-named-sky-bet-championship-manager-of-the-month-2844292.aspx#dqBlhf8c4c4oyyAG.99

So let's just bin any committee and give it to the manager who gathers more points.  Wins against QPR Hull and Cardiff count for nowt in comparison to Rotherham and Charlton evidently.  I've always thought Burley harbors a hatred for us though.  Having said that the ignominy of losing to Florest must have had an impact

FTFY

I'm quite pleased I clement keeps plodding in without winning this. If he's the second best manager every month, then as long as karanka hasn't been the first best every month, then we ought to end up at the top of the tree. 

And I think it probably factors in if you've got you're team out of a slump or similar. Otherwise it really would just go to the manager with the most points. Ipswich had a crap October. We'd never be able to have that factored in, cos we've never had a crap month (except the first one). 

6 hours ago, WamRam said:

I normally don't care much for awards like this but how the hell has Mick McCarthy won it?!?

Drawing at home to Wolves and getting comfortably beat by Boro at home isn't worthy of the award to be honest!

Boro was in December. Ipswich accrued more points than anyone else in November, so I reckon that's a fair one.

Archived