Boycott the Bovril?

Carl Sagan

I noticed Bovril wasn't on the list of MM's free half-time drinks. Perhaps this is the reason why:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3353143/Nottingham-Forest-s-FA-Cup-triumph-1898-commemorated-comic-strip-form-Bovril-Brigade-returns-50-years-away.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Gypsy curse or not, I expect no one in Derby will be buying it anymore if this is how the "celebrate" their 130th year. Perhaps the 18989 half-time Bovril was actually doping (after all they put cocaine in coca cola back in the day) so the trophy should be withdrawn and awarded to the Rams instead? After all, something was definitely up considering we beat them 5-0 in the league the week before.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Also a Baroness no less. Does that make him Baron Pesch of the Coffee Cup?

I hear that if Andy Reid is ever knighted, he will take the title Sir Cumference

13 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I noticed Bovril wasn't on the list of MM's free half-time drinks. Perhaps this is the reason why:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3353143/Nottingham-Forest-s-FA-Cup-triumph-1898-commemorated-comic-strip-form-Bovril-Brigade-returns-50-years-away.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Gypsy curse or not, I expect no one in Derby will be buying it anymore if this is how the "celebrate" their 130th year. Perhaps the 18989 half-time Bovril was actually doping (after all they put cocaine in coca cola back in the day) so the trophy should be withdrawn and awarded to the Rams instead? After all, something was definitely up considering we beat them 5-0 in the league the week before.

Bovril is on the list. 

13 hours ago, jimbobram said:

I shall be claiming my free coffee and throwing it straight onto the pitch in Bristols goalmouth. Hopefully we recreate a bit of Pesch history. 

Mostly off topic - you remember when Darren Bent scored that goal for Sunderland that bounced off the beach ball, and we subsequently found out that it should have been disallowed? According to a strict interpretation of the rules, should the ref have blown up when the ball deviated off the coffee cup and before Pesky scored?

29 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I only saw tea, coffee and hot chocolate.

Same here (and after reading your comment I'm sure I looked to check). But it's there on the anouncement now, which makes me think the flat cappers have been up in arms and persuaded the club to add a concentrated beef extract drink to the freebie package. No accounting for taste...

I

On 10 December 2015 at 13:59, Carl Sagan said:

Same here (and after reading your comment I'm sure I looked to check). But it's there on the anouncement now, which makes me think the flat cappers have been up in arms and persuaded the club to add a concentrated beef extract drink to the freebie package. No accounting for taste...

Looks like me one man campaign has worked wonders!................any chance of a couple of free slices of crusty bread Mel?

Archived