Missing Dog

SaintRam

Hi All,

Thought I should throw a post on her seeing as the majority of you will be living in Derby.

Our dog, Kitsi, slipped her collar and ran away after being frightened during her walk at about 1 this afternoon. She was last seen, by a twitterer, at about 1:40 running across the A38 around Mcdonalds/Kingsway, I don't know the direction she was running but it seems as though she's run past the house.

We live on Ashbourne Road, opposite Ashgate primary school (on the long stretch of road between Markeaton Island and the Georgian House Hotel) so she might, hopefully make her way back towards us, but she could continue running the wrong way.

If any of you see her, which I know is unlikely, could you either call the Warden, or preferably grab her and take her to a vets. She doesn't have her collar on but she is microchipped.

We don't drive so feel a bit useless at the moment.

^B87457F1FA04632E3A8786E681564B406E4839D4A1FDF6F369^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in this area, just off Ashbourne Road near the Markeaton St. site of the Uni. I'll go out in a minute and have a good look around for you. I'd hate hate hate to lose my dog.

She might be a bit of a distance away now, but then again she might be roaming around the area trying to find her way home so worth a look.

55 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I live in this area, just off Ashbourne Road near the Markeaton St. site of the Uni. I'll go out in a minute and have a good look around for you. I'd hate hate hate to lose my dog.

She might be a bit of a distance away now, but then again she might be roaming around the area trying to find her way home so worth a look.

I just walked up to Kingsway island, and then across and back, but I couldn't see her, and with all the cars I doubt she'd have been able to hear me if she was there. My brothers coming over from Nottingham at about 7pm with his Dog to help us look.

3 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Call Radio Derby, they may announce it, I assume you have called all the local vets?

I called Radio Derby; apparently they "don't do announcements on air any more" which seemed strange but was not in the mood as to enquire why. She's microchipped, so any Vet will scan her and have our contact details. The vet we use has been informed and they added a note for me on the microchip database.

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I just walked up to Kingsway island, and then across and back, but I couldn't see her, and with all the cars I doubt she'd have been able to hear me if she was there. My brothers coming over from Nottingham at about 7pm with his Dog to help us look.

I went out for you but had no luck. Looked around the near parts of Markeaton Park and up Queensway to the top of Kedleston Road and back down and around the area of McDonalds. I probably didn't look anywhere you hadn't been already though really to be fair. Not the best conditions to see much because it's dark and wet now :(

I hope she turns up safe, I've told my housemates and the neighbours to keep an eye out.

Archived