Spain v England

froggg

Sterling... huge potential. He could be great. He just won't pass though. He's so greedy. Even when he does release the ball it's a fraction later than it should be. Against the very best it's a fraction of a second that all the opposition needs to recover their positions. 

But when the situation is right for him to get at defences he tiptoes through like David Silva. 

I bet Alex Ferguson could have made him one hell of a player. 

Do you think he'll always be that sort of bully player? Too good for the rest but never shines against the best

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

had no bite up front, kane missed a few chances and sterling was utter dogsh*te, completely killed our attacks and did nothing all game. saying that i didn't think we were that bad, thought we were good on the main part defensively, not much we could do to stop the goals, they were pure brilliance, from players of quality we simply dont have.

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Sterling... huge potential. He could be great. He just won't pass though. He's so greedy. Even when he does release the ball it's a fraction later than it should be. Against the very best it's a fraction of a second that all the opposition needs to recover their positions. 

But when the situation is right for him to get at defences he tiptoes through like David Silva. 

I bet Alex Ferguson could have made him one hell of a player. 

Do you think he'll always be that sort of bully player? Too good for the rest but never shines against the best

Alpha, I love your (occasional ,ha ha) brilliant insight to the game.

This is a massive problem in the game, specifically the Derby game, even more specifically Cyrus Christie's game, even more specifically our game v Forest.

I've just been watching Dean Ashton on Fantasy Football talking about Darren Huckerby. He picked him for his fantasy team because you knew as a CF he would beat his man then cross. Not trying to cut back and beat him again, just beat him and cross.

I hate international breaks and miss the Championship and Premiership.  England playing in the football season robs me of watching football live, on Channel 5 and MotD, and listening to 606. In return I get to watch football as meaningless and as dreary a watching dish water.  

I relaxed that much I fell asleep and missed the second half. And the way England were playing, watching paint dry had more of a chance of waking me up, same old slow predictable passionless England, and whoever was missing for us, wouldn't have made any difference. One day we might wake up and realise it's great to give it some, and have that passion showing on our faces that hey we are here, we are going to grab the game by the scruff of the neck, and at the very least look like we want to win the game. When the big teams come along, England self destruct, and the same old thing will happen again in France, predictable, passionless, lack of concentration, lack of belief, lack of mental strength, lack of team strength, lack of football, and a lack of new songs or belief from it's ever present support. Reality is there's at least 20 footballing nations better than us, because we let them be better than us.

10 hours ago, sage said:

Alpha, I love your (occasional ,ha ha) brilliant insight to the game.

This is a massive problem in the game, specifically the Derby game, even more specifically Cyrus Christie's game, even more specifically our game v Forest.

I've just been watching Dean Ashton on Fantasy Football talking about Darren Huckerby. He picked him for his fantasy team because you knew as a CF he would beat his man then cross. Not trying to cut back and beat him again, just beat him and cross.

I bet it's horrible for a striker. Trying to get across a defender or watch the offside trap etc. 

Remember Van Nistelrooy lost his **** with CRonaldo didn't he? 

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

I bet it's horrible for a striker. Trying to get across a defender or watch the offside trap etc. 

Remember Van Nistelrooy lost his **** with CRonaldo didn't he? 

As an ex CB what you hated was pace and spontaneity. The second you can stand still and look where players are you're halfway organised and organised is usually safe,  

It wasn't that bad as some numpties on making it out. Alicante is decent place and of course Benidorm was quality apart of first night there (bloody Millwall causing trouble ffs BAN THEM MELTS PLEASE FA) 

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

It wasn't that bad as some numpties on making it out. Alicante is decent place and of course Benidorm was quality apart of first night there (bloody Millwall causing trouble ffs BAN THEM MELTS PLEASE FA) 

What did they do DEL? 

The purpose of the England team is to hammer much poorer teams and then to lose against any half decent team.Once this is accepted, it is obvious that English International teams are simply there to disrupt Derby County's season and to give our players a chance to recover from injury.

Archived