The Little book of Derby County

AndyinLiverpool

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

You're not welcome in this thread.:)

Well, after my mard-arse start to the day i now feel considerably better.

Spent a few hours with my little monsters (granddaughters), watched the Alton Towers fireworks for free at the daughters house and am now relaxing with a nice glass of red, feet up, looking forward to a Sunday morning stroll to the war memorial, watch the laying of the wreaths then a couple of pints in the Legion at lunchtime followed by all the tribe round ours for a roast beef dinner at teatime!

forest, forest, who the **** are forest?:p

Thought my daughter was in Nottingham watching the match on our Sky Go, all alone in her student house........she walked in our house ten minutes before kick off. Couldn't believe my eyes, bless her.  Said she had to watch the match with us all.:wub:

Shopping at Asda in Langley Mill today was a bit of a mistake - saw two Forest fans - soon cheered up when I found out they'd dropped a place after the Leeds match.

Over it all now - would still rather be in our place than theirs. Always. 

Saturday morning I went out in the wind and pouring rain to watch my grandsons u10 team. Two teams of 10 year olds arms linked, heads bowed in the centre circle observing a perfect minutes silence brought a lump to the throat. Then they ploughed up and down relentlessly, caked in mud and without complaint, for an hour.

My grandsons team got battered 7-0, they defended woefully and the nearest they got to scoring was a missed penalty but they persevered and ran till they dropped. There were no complaints at the final whistle, no hysterical over reaction, nobody rushed home to be first on the internet to say the fullback or centre forward was utter sh1te. They haven't won yet this season and they didn't win all last season but they will be back fired up with hope and enthusiasm next Saturday no matter what and I'll be in my usual place cheering them on. They were the perfect antidote to a miserable Friday night.

Archived